What's new
  • Dear valued Members,

we kindly ask you to post/repost your classified ads to our new Classifieds section. This subforum is now in read-only status. If you still have active ads, repost them to the new Classified section.

Please submit multiple items seperately: one entry for each item you'd like to post.

Thank you!

Sold! Garmin Edge 820 Base Model (English) - Almost new

DePolar

Cruising
Jul 31, 2016
Bought from Amazon USA 3 months ago but rarely used. Like new with no scratch.

Garmin WebSite

In the Box
  • Edge 820
  • Mounts (standard and extended out-front)
  • USB cable
  • Tether
  • Manuals

28,000 JPY

Can be handover in person within Tokyo Central Area. Please contact me if you are interested. Thank you.

Last edited:
Oh....sorry....didn't do research and based on the money that I paid before.

I'll adjust the price. Thanks for letting me know ^^"

Sorry, wasn't trying to hijack the sale!

Just wanted to let you know.

Good luck with the sale.

Hi xDOMx,

No problem. Actually I appreciated that you let me know. My bad I didn't check current market price first :(

Couple of questions...

Can you install a micro SD card to upload Japan maps?

What maps are loaded on it currently?

Do you have Cadence/Heartbeat synced to this device?

Thank you!

Hi Ryan,

- No Garmin 820 doesn't have micro SD card slot but it has 16GB internal memory.
- Since it's US model, it comes with standard USA map. But I also loaded Japan map (Open Street Map). So you can use to navigate around Japan with POI in English.
- No bundled sensors since I bought it only as base unit model.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks.

Thank you for the quick reply, really looking for something that you can upload a SD card into since I do travel a lot with my bike.

Take care

Just one point to clarify, by 'base model', do you mean that it is the 'Explore' model?

As you may know, there are two types of Garmin 820:

- Garmin Edge Explore 820
- Garmin Edge 820

The difference appears to be ( from http://www.bicycling.com/bikes-gear/reviews/new-garmin-gps-models-let-you-track-your-friends ).

"The Edge 820 has a few extra features that the Edge Explore 820 lacks. It is compatible with ANT+ power meters, and allows the rider to view his or her cycling-specific VO2 max, FTP (functional threshold power), and watts/kg tracking. It also recommends how long a rider should wait before attempting another hard ride, based on gathered data. In-ride challenges are available through Strava Live Segments, too. The Edge 820 also has an ambient light sensor to automatically adjust the screen so it's easy to read even in bright sunlight.

The Edge Explore 820 retails for $350 while the Edge 820 goes for $400. Garmin also offers the Edge 820 in a bundled package that includes a speed sensor, cadence sensor, and a premium
heart rate monitor for $500."

Hi xDOMx,
This one is normal model...not explorer. I think it's call base model in Amazon as in there's 2 versions of edge 820 package; base model and performer bundle (with sensors) (Ref: Amazon)

Please let me know if you need further clarification. Thanks!

@leicaman is right @Ryan Grogan

I have an 820 and it has maps for the world on it and I still have space for all the other places I like to ride;)

f9eac58da5bb92babcf094e1ebe56f4c70d6f93963be2e56db755a39eeec6210.jpg

No need for SD whatsoever

Back
Top Bottom