What's new

Review Garmin Edge 810

Half-Fast Mike

Lanterne Rouge-et-vert
May 22, 2007
Not a review. Here's the Garmin product page.

So...

ME: Before I purchase can you tell me whether the track recording problem in the Edge 800 has been fixed in the Edge 810? I refer to the problem with the Edge 800 crashing catastrophically after a 400 km ride and requiring a factory reset. I know this only affects a small number of users. But I think it should have been fixed by now and have been disappointed that successive firmware updates have not addressed it. Thanks

Seven days later...

GARMIN ASIA: Thanks for contacting GARMIN corp. Your mail has been forwarded on to us from Garmin International. I am happy to help. The Edge 810 is a new device and isn't based on the Edge 800 software. Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

ME: * thinks :confused: & :confused: *

ME: Thank your for your reply. It doesn't really address my concern, so I will phrase it another way: What is the maximum distance that can be recorded in a single activity on the Edge 810?

Seven days later...

GARMIN ASIA: Thanks for contacting GARMIN corp. It had to do with following a course, and from what I can find it is still being looked into. If we find out anything else I will let you know.

ME: * No wiser. Wondering whether they can transfer my enquiry back to an actual Garmin R&D engineer instead of some salesman in Taiwan *

You will need a bigger sample size for a fairer test.

Garmin 810s for everyone:bike:

I've contacted them a couple times. My inquiry to the US site is always bounced to asia--I guess location trounces language (and service).

They just don't care, or are clueless about the world, or have that peculiarly US-centric view about how the world should be and should work.

I have one in my possession now.

What tests do you want me to run on it?

Crashed 4 times today, turned itself off, and lost the cadence - speed meter twice.

Nice OS update, Garmin...

What I've noticed about the 810 is this it seems to be very generous in its elevation calculations!
Maybe I should get one!

Back
Top Bottom