What's new

Garmin edge 800 for sale

theBlob

Bokeh master
Sep 28, 2011
Not sure if it is OK to post sales here.... Please let me know if it isn't..

Basically I ordered a GArmin edge 800 from wiggle. At the same time my wife bought me one locally for my birthday.

So i figured i would return the wiggle item. I sent it yesterday and it got returned with J customs saying that you cannot now send any item with a battery in it EMS. Never mind that it got delivered to me last week. What a bunch of morons, all Japan does is make things with batteries how is any small business going to export anything.....?:mad:

Anyway before I get in touch with wiggle and try and negotiate the return of an item with the batteries removed from the sensor. Will they even ship the edge? I mean it has a battery in it???

So if anyone was thinking about buying one please buy mine and save me a headache!

41,900y same price as wiggle and I will pick up the 2700y import duty I paid.

It is in a box that has never been opened except by the morons in customs.

Oh right, I never even saw they existed! I'll post it there.

Anyway It is a warning to anyone buying any internal battery machine from OS. Even if it breaks you will not be able to return it via Japan post. DHL is looking like a huge hassle as well. Not sure what other options are possible.

:mad:

Parcel services and airlines have been getting paranoid about lithium ion batteries because of the fire hazard if they get damaged (especially if you have a whole box of them). Lithium batteries are prohibited in airline luggage unless they're inside PCs, mobile phones, cameras etc. The FAA issued some directive to airlines following a UPS cargo crash in Dubai in September 2010 involving a lithium battery fire. I read somewhere that in Hong Kong they had a fire in a mail sorting facility started by a badly packed lithium battery.

So this tightening of regulations is not totally baseless.

Oh right, I never even saw they existed! I'll post it there.

Anyway It is a warning to anyone buying any internal battery machine from OS. Even if it breaks you will not be able to return it via Japan post. DHL is looking like a huge hassle as well. Not sure what other options are possible.

:mad:

don't declare the battery.

Back
Top Bottom