Garmin edge 800 for sale

theBlob

Bokeh master
Sep 28, 2011
Not sure if it is OK to post sales here.... Please let me know if it isn't..

Basically I ordered a GArmin edge 800 from wiggle. At the same time my wife bought me one locally for my birthday.

So i figured i would return the wiggle item. I sent it yesterday and it got returned with J customs saying that you cannot now send any item with a battery in it EMS. Never mind that it got delivered to me last week. What a bunch of morons, all Japan does is make things with batteries how is any small business going to export anything.....?:mad:

Anyway before I get in touch with wiggle and try and negotiate the return of an item with the batteries removed from the sensor. Will they even ship the edge? I mean it has a battery in it???

So if anyone was thinking about buying one please buy mine and save me a headache!

41,900y same price as wiggle and I will pick up the 2700y import duty I paid.

It is in a box that has never been opened except by the morons in customs.

theBlob

Bokeh master
Sep 28, 2011
Oh right, I never even saw they existed! I'll post it there.

Anyway It is a warning to anyone buying any internal battery machine from OS. Even if it breaks you will not be able to return it via Japan post. DHL is looking like a huge hassle as well. Not sure what other options are possible.

:mad:

joewein

Maximum Pace
Oct 25, 2011
Setagaya, Tokyo
joewein.net
Parcel services and airlines have been getting paranoid about lithium ion batteries because of the fire hazard if they get damaged (especially if you have a whole box of them). Lithium batteries are prohibited in airline luggage unless they're inside PCs, mobile phones, cameras etc. The FAA issued some directive to airlines following a UPS cargo crash in Dubai in September 2010 involving a lithium battery fire. I read somewhere that in Hong Kong they had a fire in a mail sorting facility started by a badly packed lithium battery.

So this tightening of regulations is not totally baseless.

kiwisimon

Maximum Pace
Dec 14, 2006
Japan
Oh right, I never even saw they existed! I'll post it there.

Anyway It is a warning to anyone buying any internal battery machine from OS. Even if it breaks you will not be able to return it via Japan post. DHL is looking like a huge hassle as well. Not sure what other options are possible.

:mad:
don't declare the battery.