Garmin 800 replacement battery

theBlob

Bokeh master
Sep 28, 2011
Anyone know any local online sellers these batteries? I have read a few mixed reviews of the replacement batteries. So any successful stories would be appreciated. I need to get one cause I am getting a low battery warning after about 140km.

leicaman

Maximum Pace
Sep 20, 2012
Asakadai, Saitama
Anyone know any local online sellers these batteries? I have read a few mixed reviews of the replacement batteries. So any successful stories would be appreciated. I need to get one cause I am getting a low battery warning after about 140km.
After 140km huh? So you're only getting between 5 or 6 rides between charges huh? ;)

D'Pioneer

Far beyond the black horizon
Oct 9, 2015
Order it from Amazon Australia. Locally I had no luck. I did replace my 810 battery though, with one I got from Amazon UK, and it is now better than it was when I bought the Garmin. Did that 240km ride the other day and still had 40% battery left, including leaving the backlight on max brightness / stays on, for the last hour of the ride I did in darkness.

Make sure you get the small driver and lever kit with the battery. Some of them include this as a pack.

D'Pioneer

Oct 9, 2015
Who? Like Rolf Harris you mean? He's in jail otherwise I'd hit him up.
Poor Rolf.

I paid 5 quid shipping by using that time tested method called 'my mate'. I am sure he would be happy to send another one over. It took about a week.

theBlob

Bokeh master
Sep 28, 2011
Awesome! If he wouldn't mind that would be grand! I could probably arrange for some visiting time with Rolf if he likes to say thank you and all.

D'Pioneer

Oct 9, 2015
Alright, I'll get onto it for you.

Does anyone else need a new battery for their Garmin, while we are at it?

Amazon UK has loads of different ones.

Conrad

Maximum Pace
Dec 8, 2014
There is also this. A bit cheaper, no personal experience with this so I can't vouch for compatibility or performance.