What's new

Tech garmin 8.00 for japanese 530

wwcv

Cruising
Apr 19, 2020
It looks like Garmin has some nice updates for the 530/830/1030 in June:

However, Japanese 530s are still on 7.10 which came out in February:

Does anyone know if/when Garmin will update the bought-in-Japan devices? Or have any idea if installing the 8.00 update from the US website will cause me to lose Japan maps? I don't actually see downloads for the 8.00, but there are newer betas available:

It varies a lot with each release. I'm waiting for the directional arrows, since sometimes my routes can crossover themselves and I end up going wrong way, only to realise it few minutes later.

Yeah, that and the higher contrast are what I'm most excited about! Plus heatmap overlay when I'm just wandering.

It would be nice if they fixed the road numbers so everything wasn't "US NM". It would also be nice if they didn't route me on hiking trails, but I suppose that's more a data problem with their JP maps.

8.30 has been posted! Hurrah! However, I am traveling and won't be able to check on it for a while.

While I was waiting I noticed the 1030 plus got it first and then got a bugfix release shortly after. I guess the more you pay the sooner you get updates (but you also get the bugs first?)

Back
Top Bottom