What's new

Gallery: watermark removed

thomas

The Crank Engine
Nov 1, 2005
I like Picasa for image hosting. It shares space with the Gmail account and images don't count towards the limit > 7 GB space limit as long as they are uploaded with the default shrinking to 3 Mpx (2Kx1.5K).

Psht, tell you a secret..... we have a gallery here at the TCC.

Seriously, not sure why many fiddle with Facebook, Picasa or Flickr when posting here at the forum. Just use the gallery. :D

Knowing how big images tend to be, I try to minimize your database and bandwidth usage, Thomas! :)

Psht, tell you a secret..... we have a gallery here at the TCC.

Seriously, not sure why many fiddle with Facebook, Picasa or Flickr when posting here at the forum. Just use the gallery. :D

Maybe because you claim copyright over those posted photos.:eek:

Maybe because you claim copyright over those posted photos.:eek:

As far as I know (have to check the fineprint) we require *users* to hold copyrights over the images they upload.

I wasn't aware of the fact that there were legal concerns preventing our members from sharing their material.
:)

As far as I know (have to check the fineprint) we require *users* to hold copyrights over the images they upload. I wasn't aware of the fact that there were legal concerns preventing our members from sharing their material.:)
This concerned me, too. Using the gallery or image attachments in a message embeds a ©Tokyo Cycling Club - www . tokyocycle . com stamp. Your BBS; my choice not to have my images watermarked by it. I have no idea what the legal ramifications are, if any.

This concerned me, too. Using the gallery or image attachments in a message embeds a ©Tokyo Cycling Club - www . tokyocycle . com stamp. Your BBS; my choice not to have my images watermarked by it. I have no idea what the legal ramifications are, if any.

Totally forgot about that, thanks Mike! I can see the issue.

Watermark removed!

This will affect only images uploaded as of today, unfortunately we cannot remove the watermark from images previously uploaded.

The reason why we implemented it back in the day was not to claim our members' copyrights, but to prevent image theft and hotlinking by other sites.

Back
Top Bottom