What's new

Full Body Endurance Check

GSAstuto

Maximum Pace
Oct 11, 2009
Finally got my appt for a FBEC. I'll post the results in full on my blog - but in short, wow! This was at the Tokyo Metro Gym and very well done, except for a minor snafu , which resulted in a mid term abort on my part.

Basically they will do full ECG prep, questions, lung capacity , then wire you up for the erg. On the erg, you'll get a full linear test with blood gas monitoring. Sustained effort until you puke or abort.

In my case, I made it through roughly half the test cycle when I was basically overcome by panic of not being able to breathe through the far-too-small mask which was pinching my nose and mouth shut. I guess I'll never make it in the SAS waterboarding exercise.

Even though, the data collected was awesome and I'm looking forward to a return exam when they get a larger face mask available. The rough stats were that I was over 41.8 on avg VO2 and more than 160%AT with max HRM of 172. So, I was pretty happy with this, even though I didn't get chance to run the full gauntlet.

Anyone else try this test recently? My main incentive was to find out the optimum safe regions for training and avoid potentially damaging my bod by overtraining or overexerting. Something I guess you worry a bit about after a certain age ...

Finally got my appt for a FBEC.
I might be interested in doing this. Do you have contact number/web page? How much did it cost?

--HF Mike--

The VO2 test is something I do every 2 months as part of my training along with Power threshold tests and LTF testing.

PT and LTF you'll need a power tap to do but the VO2 test you is very easy to do yourself, although having a partner to stop the software when you crash is a bonus.

You'll need a flat area of 20 meters (park or running tracks are perfect)
Markers (Towels or bag) to mark where the 20m starts and finishes.
Laptop to run the software for the VO2 test.
This web app: http://www.health-calc.com/images/stories/flashfiles/yoyo_calculator.swf

Use the below chart to work out your V02max rating:

vo2max.jpg

Depending on your level of fitness the test can take around 45-50 minutes to complete if you get to around level 10.

Thanks! Soon as I get caught up , I'll post the infor the Tokyo Met and all the details. The cost is very low which is a real attraction. PLus you get analysis by a sports physician.

The VO2 test is something I do every 2 months as part of my training along with Power threshold tests and LTF testing.

PT and LTF you'll need a power tap to do but the VO2 test you is very easy to do yourself, although having a partner to stop the software when you crash is a bonus.

You'll need a flat area of 20 meters (park or running tracks are perfect)
Markers (Towels or bag) to mark where the 20m starts and finishes.
Laptop to run the software for the VO2 test.
This web app: http://www.health-calc.com/images/stories/flashfiles/yoyo_calculator.swf

Old post so the link is unfortunately dead, but I wounder if you refer to the Copper Test here?

Back
Top Bottom