What's new

Fuji reccie

echothree

Speeding Up
Sep 8, 2008
Morning all,

The Fuji hillclimb isn't far away... with that in mind, anyone up for a reccie of the route this saturday morning? All non-pie-plate-equipped bicycles welcome (I'm looking at you, Simon:mad:.)

I might be up for this Clay. I don't have a pie-plate, I can assure you.

What time are you thinking of leaving Tokyo?

To tell you the truth, I don't know which train to catch, so if anyone who knows the way wants to come they can even have a pie-plate (yeah, I know, I'm too nice.)
Anyone have the route on their GPS? It looks like a bloody long way, so an early start would be in order (like 6 or so.) ...?

Actually, now that I come to look at it, maybe it`s a bit of a trek out there as I have to be back in town around 5pm. Perhaps a better option would be a couple of laps of Kazahari.
Anyone who`s done the Fuji climb - how do they compare (2 laps of Kazahari vs Fuji?)

Can I join the proposed two laps of Kazahari with a pie-plate? :D
Safety first, Clay... didn't you have a crash last year, was that because you thought you were too cool for school :cool: and went out without a pie-plate?

Far out, you guys are right! Where can I get myself a pie plate!? :eek:

Ok, so how about leave Takao 711 (north side of JR station) at 8:30am, do Wada-East (hall of fame beckons), then Kazahari a couple of times.

I can PM my keitai email address if anyone is thinking of coming and wants to decide last minute.

I'd love to join you, but Saturday is too busy. Anyone fancies a ride in the mountains on Sunday?

at the washup at the end of the day

Teaming up with my imaginary friend Milko, I headed out on the train today to Takao and cruised up Wada-east (14'15), and then onto Kazahari-rindo. Last time I did that was with a 39-25, but today I had come equipped with 39-27. That made a difference and I beat my previous time, new best of 28'25. :warau:I was running out of time, so I wimped out and didn't do a repeat of Kazahari, but instead headed on home.
Looking forward to Fuji! :D

Amazing times, Clay! I don't know what you were doing in Oz for training, but you better hope the testers don't show up at your doorstep unannounced. :p

Seriously though, that Wada time is un-freaking-believable. I just checked the Wada hillclimb ranking homepage, and your time is the third best recorded in the past six years. A fellow named Rosso is No. 1, at 13:39. Of course, not everyone records their times on that site. But it probably tends to attract the more competitive types.

Also, going sub-30 minutes on Kazahari-rindo is quite a feat.

The way you have been riding, I'd say you'll make the podium at Fuji.

Deej

I ended up doing a quickie loop over Otarumi, Jimba onsen, and Wada yesterday. It's been almost one month since I was in the mountains, so I took it easy. I gotta say, I'm a tad burned out on time-trialing after all those weeks of intense efforts. It was nice to not feel the pressure -- and pain -- that comes with an all-out effort. And with the incredible times you've been putting up, my motivation has probably slipped a notch. ;)

Thanks for that link Deej - 13:39 gives me something to aim for. :D I think there is a room for a little improvement (but maybe not that much.) Although I notice the second time there is on a non-UCI approved bike. :) And I'm guessing timing starts at that house (near the bus stop) in the picture, and stops at the gravestone? I wasn't exactly sure last time. Oh, does it say on that site if you can have a rolling start?

We'll see how it goes on Fuji. I just hope I don't have any mechanical issues, that would really suck. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom