What's new

Fuji Mountain Climb Event 6th June

RoryGale

Cruising
Dec 10, 2020
Is anyone participating this weekend or previously been to the event? I am heading down tomorrow for my first event in Japan on Sunday and would be interested to hear if anyone has any experiences / advise.
Rory

Haven't done it for a few years. What do you want to know?

Climb is steady and not too difficult, a bit steeper towards the top.

It's a huge mass participation event. Time chips click in 1km or so from the start. I would say, the earlier you set off the better, to avoid being blocked in.

Pack a good bag for the top with food, drink and warm clothes.

Enjoy!

Andy

Thanks for the advice Andy - the videos I have seen look great. Maybe a couple less participants this year but who knows.

I am hoping that registration the day before is all simple enough. Is there a scoreboard that will allow you to see your overall ranking after the event?

Rory

For the registration you will need to fill in the bike safety checklist and corona checklist. Best to do all that kind of stuff before going.

I guess they sent it to you, if not you can download it here.

Results are likey to be done on line. Usually there will be a QR code by the registration for the site link. If you enter your race number, your results will show up there.

Andy

Ive raced it last year.
It Would be my main race for this year also, but covid cases went up and i prefer to dont travel at this moment. I dont know if they are still taking new registrations (deadline was abril 30th, postponed to June 2nd).
Because of Covid, there will be "Wave starts" every 30minutes, like it was last year. Like, you choose to start between 8h and 8h30. You line up. The timer starts as you cross the gate and stops at the top.
Rankings should be available online a few days after the race

I am doing it this year also. 7th wave I hope the rain is not to bad. two years ago it was raining at the top and the decent was so cold I glade I had some gear but it was not adequate was so cold while getting the results I could not stop shaking.

For curious people like me, the course data is here.

Back
Top Bottom