For Sale Fuji Feather Single Speed Custom Build (52cm)

EJH

Cruising
May 6, 2014
For sale is my beloved custom built Fuji Feather single speed urban commuter. It has reliably carried me thousands of kilometers all over Tokyo for the last five years. It is a fantastic, smooth, and fast urban commuter. The chainline is perfect, and when the drivetrain is maintained and oiled, it runs absolutely silently. It did often spend time outside when parked outside train stations, but when not being ridden, it's been kept inside my apartment. It is a 52cm frame. I am 5' 7" tall, but the bike should fit riders ranging from 5' 5" to 5' 8" (depending on rider preferences and inseam). I have the original receipts for the bike, crankset, hubs, and rims which I will include. I'm asking ‎¥120,000, but I will consider all *serious* offers. I'm located very near to Monzennakacho Station.

proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.craigslist.org%2F00e0e_bQu3khNxxYn_600x450.jpg&hash=31d11a771e0650867b092aaee8ef8408

If you'd like to see more photos, go to the craigslist ad:
http://tokyo.craigslist.jp/bik/5416750922.html

FRAME: 2011 Fuji Feather (52cm, steel, black w/dark silver fleck, a few scratches here and there from general urban riding)

WHEELSET: These were custom built for me by Tim at GS Astuto here in Tokyo. The combination of the Paul hubs and the DT Swiss rims, the strongest road rims DT Swiss makes, you can't ask for a more durable urban wheel!

- Hubs: Paul high flange (32H)
- Rims: DT Swiss 585 (32H)
- Spokes: Hoshi double butted NJS Keirin
- Schwalbe Durano 700X23 (these are a bit weather worn, they'll need replacing eventually, but they still have some miles left on them. I've recently rotated the rear tire to the front due to flattening)

DRIVETRAIN: The current freewheel/chainring combination gives a 1:2.47 gear combo (good for spinning) If you use the included 44T Soma ring, you'll be running a 1:2.59 ratio, if the 46T included Messenger ring, you'll have a 1:2.7 ratio (not quite into masher territory, but getting there).
- Crankset/Chainset: Sugino RD Messenger (165mm) w/Sugino Messenger chainring (42T)
- Chain: SRAM PC1 Nickel
- Freewheel: White Industries (17T) (indestructible! the Cadillac of freewheels!)
- Bottom Bracket: Sugino CBB AL (standard square taper)

Brakes: top of the line SRAM Red (both front and rear)

Brake Levers: Shimano Ultegra R600

Saddle: Specialized Ronin Gel (got a scrape from a crash, see photo)

Seatpost Clamp: Surly Stainless Steel

Pedals: Shimano PD-M324 SPD Dual Platform

EXTRAS:

Sugino Messenger Chainring (46T)

Soma Heyller Chainring (44T)

Giyo tire pump (has gauge)

Bike stand (fits to rear axle nuts)

SKS fenders clip-on (a must when riding during Tokyo's rainy season!)

Abus combination chain lock (beefy, very very very well used, but still plenty of use left)