What's new

FUBAR of the Knee

maybe you can continue with the beer! (Though of course no more than previously.)
Oi, don't even think about starting with that kind of talk.
I'm sorry massah. He didn't mean nothin' by it. Don't hurt him now.

Beer. We wants it, don't we Precious. Yessss. But it hurts us, doesn't it?

Excellent, Mike!

Weight - down 4.2 kg (4.4%)

Assuming that's fat loss, not water loss: How did you burn 30,000 kcal in 7 days? I kg of fat takes about 7700 kcal of calorie deficit to lose it.

Garmin reckons that on my three longest rides this year (3000-3300 m of climbing according to the Garmin) I burnt 4000-5500 kcal each. You did not do a brevet every day, did you?

Make sure what you do is sustainable, so you burn (fat) but don't burn out!

How did you burn 30,000 kcal in 7 days?
That's an excellent question. I have no idea whether this is what has happened. (Actually I went up one day and down again the next, so the kcal figure would be more.)

My weight is down. That's what I can measure. I am physically smaller. People have spontaneously told me that.

But I have not been counting calories. I have instead (for the most part, and for the first time ever) been eating healthy foods in sensible amounts and not worrying about the calorie in/out numbers. At the moment I feel great, although that could also be due to the rapidly-falling levels of tar and nicotine in my system. Exercising a lot, but at a moderate intensity. Drinking lots and lots of water.

Probably a lot of that isn't kcals deficit but a reduction in water retention, crap food traps water so once that goes down your body will then start converting stored energy and that will be in response to kcal deficit. Good start to the first week of your new self. But better to be the tortoise than the hare in this case.

Yes, that makes sense. Mike, perhaps you reduced your sodium intake and that allowed the body to release water that it otherwise needed to retain to balance osmotic pressure? Whatever it is, 4.2 kg less weight on your knees is 4.2 kg less weight on your knees, who can argue with that? :)

It's a great start, very encouraging!

progress_report.jpg

Mike-a-morphosis Progress

DAY 15
Eating habits - Even better than last week
Exercise - All over it. Strava knows.
Weight - Down 7.8 kg (8.1%)
Knees - Getting strong again
Feeling - Fabulous

Several of my jerseys are starting to get baggy, and I had to find a belt to stop my work trousers falling down.

My only real problem now is saddle rash from so much sweaty cycling. But I've got some new cream from the doc so hopefully that will sort itself out.

I'll get blood tests etc. tomorrow, to make sure everything is in order and heading in the right direction.

Comments? Suggestions? Abuse?

Good on you! Nothing critical to say.
Hope you continue on this trend without any setbacks.

Badman. Well on the way now. Staring into the abyss, taking on the horrors that reside within.

The clothes! Oh, the clothes!

If you used to be less of a man you might have something old lying around but otherwise losing weight can be an expensive ordeal. Especially work attire.

Way to go Mike! That's the weight of a full road bike.. Bet you are flying up hills.. Awesome!

I've got some new cream from the doc so hopefully that will sort itself out.

For the sake of comparison, what cream did the doctor give you? When my barse was giving me agro, I got given Gentamicin, which seemed to do the trick.

The clothes! Oh, the clothes!

If you used to be less of a man you might have something old lying around but otherwise losing weight can be an expensive ordeal. Especially work attire.

Yeah, all the clothes that are suddenly massive is a lol part of it. Expensive to replace, especially if you do what I did, and buy a new suit when you thought you were down to ideal weight, only to carry on slimming down and toning up so that too became too big.

Expensive yes, but ultimately cheaper than what it will cost to fix / deal with the long term effects of not sorting one's weight out. Which is exactly what our mate here is doing, in cyborg-like fashion. Well done that man!

Great work, keep it up!
On May 21st I was 127.5, now on June 5th, I'm at 122.5Kg, 5Kg in 16 days, I hope I can keep half of that kind of weight loss up over the next six months, while getting in better shape too.

Last night I did a full 10Km walk, and 26 flights of stairs, it helps to live on the 6th floor and refuse to take the elevator, and burned 3658 calories, I did eat a bit too much at 2387, but it was one of those days.

My shoulder is healing slowly, I now fear it was a slight tear in the rotator cuff, so I hope to be back on the bike in a week or two.

Great work Mike!

Nice one.

デキサンVG seems to be Betamethasone Valerate http://www.medicines.org.uk/guides/betamethasone valerate/Inflammatory skin conditions/

ケタコナゾル is obviously Ketaconasole http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/drug-information/DR601711

So, they have given you something for a yeast infection, and something to deal with skin inflammation.

Did they examine you, or take your word for it?

I had an actual saddle sore, which the doctor found, which is basically a boil, so that is why he gave me Gentamicine (the boil I had was not split open though, so i was a bit 'hmmmm' at first about Gentamicine, as from what I read it needed to penetrate to work, but it seems to have fixed the issue).

Your 'tattoo'. Is that what you are calling it now. Sickening.
What happens in my Assos stays in my Assos. Unless it doesn't... in which case, lock up your daughters and man the lifeboats. Come with me if you want to live. etc.

It would be a strange man indeed who got a tattoo mimicking saddle rash.

Back
Top Bottom