What's new

Help From: Montréal To: Tokyo Velodrome Help!

Tremdo

Warming-Up
Jun 17, 2010
Hey hi everyone, this is my first post here in Tokyo cycle forum.

I'm a 25 years old guy and i basically spend most of my time in experimental electronic music and art. I also have a passion for cycling and bike mechanic. I'm no a pro but i think i am a good rider and maybe fast to....

This summer (August to September 2010) i'm going to Japan, mostly Tokyo. I'm looking for a place where i can rent track bike and make a couple laps in a Velodrome with my friend... I don't know if this is possible!?!

I know there is a couple one (Velodrome) in Tokyo lol!!! There is some for amature and some for Keirin Pro. I also know than there is a few post all over the bike forums from "Tomity" about Velodrome in Japan, but i'm kind a bit confuse over all those links...

Here i am looking for a little help. If someone can tell a lot of details of where i can find rental bikes in a velodrome, the exact address with area, near witch "metro station" "JR Est" or other and maybe prices (i have a hard time to read Japanese, i wish i could... he he!) Let me know the website i can try to read it with google translation...

Thanks in advance, hope i will have some reply!

Tremdo.

Best place to start is Shuzenji Cycle Park. You can rent both road and track back there. Track schedule is somewhat variable - so you need to make sure before you drop in.

http://www.cycle-info.bpaj.or.jp/english/begin/jcsc.html

As for other velodrome, it's not so easy to drop in. They are generally reserved for professional events or organized scholastic and amatuer teams.

Best place to start is Shuzenji Cycle Park. You can rent both road and track back there. Track schedule is somewhat variable - so you need to make sure before you drop in.

http://www.cycle-info.bpaj.or.jp/eng...egin/jcsc.html

As for other velodrome, it's not so easy to drop in. They are generally reserved for professional events or organized scholastic and amatuer teams.

Thanks! I appreceate you help a lot. Look like a nice park, but a bit far...

Electronic music, eh?

What you using?

I am a beta tester for Renoise.

What i am using for my music? For now i use Ableton Live lite 8 with a lot of free AU and Vsti. I will like to use a lot of free open source soft ware, like: Ardour (and it support OSC), Pure Date, Hydrogen but i'm already stuck in live.

I did'nt know what was Renoise, now i know i've check on the website. Seem to be nice! I dont know the price yet!?

Since you are here just a short time, and wish a rental bike - I think Shuzenji is the only option. Its not far by Tokyo standards - you can take convenient train from Tokyo - its about 3hr or less with Express train. I'd suggest spending the whole day - then you can enjoy all the riding on both track and road courses.

Since you are here just a short time, and wish a rental bike - I think Shuzenji is the only option. Its not far by Tokyo standards - you can take convenient train from Tokyo - its about 3hr or less with Express train. I'd suggest spending the whole day - then you can enjoy all the riding on both track and road courses.

OOOh!! Yeah thanks a lot, that is really awesome! I will be around for a month so its worth it to spend a day..

Thanks again!

What i am using for my music? For now i use Ableton Live lite 8 with a lot of free AU and Vsti. I will like to use a lot of free open source soft ware, like: Ardour (and it support OSC), Pure Date, Hydrogen but i'm already stuck in live.

I did'nt know what was Renoise, now i know i've check on the website. Seem to be nice! I dont know the price yet!?

Sounds like you and I could be very good friends!

I have been into audio engineering since I was 16; started out on hardware, then moved to software as things got better.

Renoise is very cheap for what you get; the demo is pretty much unrestricted, apart from the fact that you can't render to audio, or use ASIO drivers.

Let me know if you are interested in buying a copy, and I can sort you out a discount.

Sounds like you and I could be very good friends!

I have been into audio engineering since I was 16; started out on hardware, then moved to software as things got better.

Renoise is very cheap for what you get; the demo is pretty much unrestricted, apart from the fact that you can't render to audio, or use ASIO drivers.

Let me know if you are interested in buying a copy, and I can sort you out a discount.

Hey my roomate knew about Renoise, he show me other programme similar (i mean based on "mod tracker") It scared me a little bit!?! Is Renoise more easy to use?

But i'm happy to learn that the Demo version is pretty much unrestricted. I will try it out!

And hey! Its funny, i started out on hardware to (pedals, drummachine mixer guitars) and now i'm trying to reduce my lot of stuff, so the best way was a computer with programmes, vst, samples etc... (a lot of folders he he!)

But i still pretty much a newbie in computer world (its so big..)

Cheers!

On the Japanese page.

Ha ha thats is for why!

But by the way they send me this link: http://www.csc.or.jp/

BUT: the domed velodrome(250M TRACK) will be completed next year(2011/09) in CSC.

"Domed" i don't know if that mean than they have one outside that we can use!?!

They already have two tracks at Shuzenji CCC the one that opens in 2011 is the brand spanking new Olympic level one that is basically going to be Japan's version of Manchester's National Cycling Centre in the UK.

Back
Top Bottom