from Kyoto to Tokyo

Vendetta

Warming-Up
Nov 23, 2011
Bangkok
I will visit Kyoto this month for my work. this is my 1st time in Japan
if I have a change, I will cycling from Kyoto to Tokyo.

I plan to see architecture and temple in city both Kansai and Kanto

As I know,its about 700-800 km. from Kyoto to Tokyo.

I dont know about a routh yet, now I just find information about building and temple that I want to see.

I dont have Garlin and maybe I dont have any gps gadget.
Would u please suggest me,how i can go from Kyoto to Tokyo?
Thanks...

theDude

Maximum Pace
Oct 7, 2011
Tokyo
app.strava.com
welcome.

i would recommend the train.

or the shin-meishin via keiji bypass (or meishin if that's closer), which will connect through the ise-wangan to the tomei and you are in. That's how I do it, anyway, but obviously not on a bicycle.

Bicycle, no idea. quite a lot in between. I'm sure others will have some useful input, but given you seem to want to do some sightseeing, finding those on a map would be a good start and then attack this as several small steps instead of a big bang A to B. I like using Mapples for maps (motorcycle maps) which show routes, points of interest. all in japanese though. And given the distance you'll need a couple to cover the area which will mean more weight.

Curious to hear what all you have planned so far.....

good luck.

:bike:

Jan 20, 2009
Yokohama
Hey Vendetta, if you use the custom search tool at the top of this site, you'll get plenty of hits for Kyoto-Tokyo or Tokyo-Kyoto rides.

I think a key point for the winter version of the trip is the west wind, which should be in your favour! Enjoy the tailwind and enjoy the trip!:bike:

mxs

Speeding Up
May 14, 2010
Tokyo, Japan
When I did my trip last summer I also didn't have any form of GPS/smartphone and ended up taking Route 1 the whole way. It is basically a straight route the whole way with a couple of short detours here and there. It took me 4 days on my single speed going at a pace of about 110km/day.