What's new

Ride Friday Ride?

Velo-X

Warming-Up
Sep 23, 2009
well, it took me longer than I thought, but I'm finally all setup with a road bike.

Is anyone up for a 75 or 100K ride this Friday on the West Side? Or can anyone recommend a good ride somewhere near Mitaka? I've been exploring the Tamagawa cycling trail, but am looking to get up to the hills if possible. A route that's hard to get lost on would be preferred :)

Lubos

massa

Warming-Up
Feb 22, 2008
well, it took me longer than I thought, but I'm finally all setup with a road bike.

Is anyone up for a 75 or 100K ride this Friday on the West Side? Or can anyone recommend a good ride somewhere near Mitaka? I've been exploring the Tamagawa cycling trail, but am looking to get up to the hills if possible. A route that's hard to get lost on would be preferred :)

Lubos

plenty of trails you need!
http://www.bikely.com/listpaths/srchkey/tokyo ;)

Deej

Maximum Pace
Oct 13, 2007
Hello, Lubos.

Here's a link to another post that discusses how to get to the hills of western Tokyo.

Hope this helps!

Deej

thomas

The Crank Engine
Nov 1, 2005
Sergey and I are going to ride this Friday somewhere in the hilly West. Please contact Sergey (kpykc) via PM for more info. :)

kpykc

Speeding Up
Jun 13, 2007
Hi Lubos,

As Thomas said, we're planning to ride in the western hills this Friday. I am not sure which route to take myself (lots of good ones), probably, the usual Takao loop - it's about 70 km (or 100 if riding out and back to Tachikawa), with lots of small hills. Feel free to join :)

Let us know if you do.

Velo-X

Warming-Up
Sep 23, 2009
Would love to join. Will send a PM to coordinate.

Thanks,

Lubos

thomas

The Crank Engine
Nov 1, 2005
Gentlemen, thanks for the speedy ride today. I like these short, yet intensive non-stop dashes. Lubos, it was nice meeting you! Sorry, we lost each other at Takao Sta., I was waiting for you in the Super Rapid for Tokyo, hope you had no trouble with your bicycle bag. Nice to have another Cervélo rider on board. :thumb:

I've just started using my HRM. Managed to push my HR up to 185 today. :)

=> http://connect.garmin.com/activity/19664349

PS: Moved the thread to the "Freeta" section.

PPS: Sergey, good luck next Sunday!

Deej

Maximum Pace
Oct 13, 2007
My sentiments exactly, Phil. I'm jealous, but glad you were able to enjoy the fine weather.

It looks like the only time I have free is Sunday, and the forecast is looking fugly. Looks like a morning One-Kan Starbucks run is in the cards.

Deej

Velo-X

Warming-Up
Sep 23, 2009
Thomas and Sergey,

Thanks for an introduction to the western hills. I had a blast, and am already looking forward to next time!

Thomas, yes I did make it on the train OK. Got delayed by a couple things including some more wrestling with my bag. Damn thing! ;-)

See ya next time.

Lubos

Top Bottom