What's new

Friday, May 11th - Long ride to Yamanaka-ko

Doug3

Maximum Pace
Jun 24, 2010
Tomorrow I will be riding out of Tokyo, Tamagawa, Renkoji, Onekan, Hashimoto, Sagamihara then Doshi michi up to Yamanaka-ko, and back. About 200km.

I plan to depart at 7am from Komazawa/246. There will be limited stops and a decent pace.

If anyone is interested in joining me for all/part of the ride, let me know and I can suggest some meet points/times.

Doug - I'd like to join you if I may. I have to be back in Tokyo late afternoon so would plan to ride on to Gotenba and get the train back from there.

I am new to TCC and just in Japan for a couple of months, living in Ebisu. If you let me know where you are departing from at 7:00 am I can meet you there in Komazawa.

Jonathan

What time do you expect to get to Yamanaka ko? And back to the Tama river?

I might join you, from where you cross the Tama river.

Dave

Unfortunately, I won't be able to join you guys on this one after all. Have a good ride.

Dave

Met up with Jonathan right at 7am and headed off as planned. Had a spirited ride out to Yamanakako making decent time with great weather and relatively little traffic once we got rolling on Doshi Michi.

Rolled into Yamanakako around 11:30 and split with Jonathan as he was heading to Gotemba to catch the train back (after repairing a front flat).

I looped around the lake and headed back the same way we came. I love the descent down Doshi Michi and flew down to the Daily Yamazaki in about an hour, with rain threatening the whole way.

Made it back to the start around 3:45 for a total of 200km and about 2000m of climbing.

Really wish I could have joined you both. Would have been a great ride. I needed to be back in Yokohama by 2:30.

I probably could have done it by the skin of my teeth with the pace you actually did and taking the train back.

Dave

Hi Dave, If you happened to go Yamanakako again on a Friday in the future please let me know. I'd like to ride with you. Thanks Chris

Back
Top Bottom