Friday, May 11th - Long ride to Yamanaka-ko

Doug3

Maximum Pace
Jun 24, 2010
Setagaya
www.tokyocyclingcoach.com
Tomorrow I will be riding out of Tokyo, Tamagawa, Renkoji, Onekan, Hashimoto, Sagamihara then Doshi michi up to Yamanaka-ko, and back. About 200km.

I plan to depart at 7am from Komazawa/246. There will be limited stops and a decent pace.

If anyone is interested in joining me for all/part of the ride, let me know and I can suggest some meet points/times.

May 5, 2012
Dubai
Doug - I'd like to join you if I may. I have to be back in Tokyo late afternoon so would plan to ride on to Gotenba and get the train back from there.

I am new to TCC and just in Japan for a couple of months, living in Ebisu. If you let me know where you are departing from at 7:00 am I can meet you there in Komazawa.

Jonathan

Doug3

Maximum Pace
Jun 24, 2010
Setagaya
www.tokyocyclingcoach.com
Met up with Jonathan right at 7am and headed off as planned. Had a spirited ride out to Yamanakako making decent time with great weather and relatively little traffic once we got rolling on Doshi Michi.

Rolled into Yamanakako around 11:30 and split with Jonathan as he was heading to Gotemba to catch the train back (after repairing a front flat).

I looped around the lake and headed back the same way we came. I love the descent down Doshi Michi and flew down to the Daily Yamazaki in about an hour, with rain threatening the whole way.

Made it back to the start around 3:45 for a total of 200km and about 2000m of climbing.

DeltaForce

Maximum Pace
Sep 17, 2011
Toki, Gifu
Really wish I could have joined you both. Would have been a great ride. I needed to be back in Yokohama by 2:30.

I probably could have done it by the skin of my teeth with the pace you actually did and taking the train back.

Dave