What's new

Ride Friday March 20 (Holiday yay): Sayama / Tama Lake gravel fun

47no

Maximum Pleb
Dec 29, 2019
The date is flexible, so let me know if you wanna join and are available on saturday or sunday

Gonna start the seemingly good weathered long weekend with a nice ride on the gravel trail around Sayama Lake and the paths around Tama Lake.
It's a really nice chill place if you've never been there, currently my favorite spot to ride inside Tokyo.
You'll need tires with relatively high volume to tackle the gravel part, but if your bike doesn't have wide tires you can also enjoy the paved paths around Tama Lake and rejoin later!

Here's the ride I'll be doing, but the important part is around the lake/s, we may do more than one lap around it if we feel like it. Will be departing at around 9.00 from the Grand Hyatt Roppongi and will arrive at Tama Lake around 11.00. Lunch can be conbini and sit down at the big park there. Everyone is welcome :)

Let me know if anyone wants to join someplace along the way and we can arrange the times better!

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing.

I am not committing anything here, might have some plans / stuff during this long week-end. And I just realised I have to work next week-end (yeah, project release o_O)

Definitively going to try this one!

I'm interested too as I've always wanted to check out that bit. don't very much like riding through the city (and I'm not positioned anywhere near Tama river) so if I do go (can't commit 100% just yet) I'll take the train out to Tokorozawa or Seibu something stadium and meet you where it matters? will confirm in couple of days

I'm interested too as I've always wanted to check out that bit. don't very much like riding through the city (and I'm not positioned anywhere near Tama river) so if I do go (can't commit 100% just yet) I'll take the train out to Tokorozawa or Seibu something stadium and meet you where it matters? will confirm in couple of days

A big portion of the ride includes the tamako cycling path which starts here and goes all the way to the lake. You could also join there if you want to avoid cars, it's a nice path surrounded by trees and little parks.

I have to be back in town for lunchtime. Was also planning on heading up there, but I think I'll have to start a bit earlier. Maybe see you there!

I'm afraid I can't squeeze this in for tomorrow (or Sat). some other time!

Are the tracks doable on 32C tyres? They don't look too bad on google maps...

Might try to join the early gang or the outbound ride - I've got a commitment near Yokohama at 4.

@47no are you leaving from Minato-ku at around 9? If so, I may join you on my foldup and ride around the bike path while you're graveling.

@47no are you leaving from Minato-ku at around 9? If so, I may join you on my foldup and ride around the bike path while you're graveling.

Yep, I'm trying to set a specific point where we can meet. I would say the Roppongi Hyatt but HFC might use it haha. It can be that or the Trek store across the street, what do you think?

HFC has no plans to meet at Roppongi Hyatt at 9 (10:30). Trek is also fine. Tokyo Tower or the church near your old home is also fine for me. I am at the church until around 8:45, so anywhere that works for you is fine by me.

HFC has no plans to meet at Roppongi Hyatt at 9 (10:30). Trek is also fine. Tokyo Tower or the church near your old home is also fine for me. I am at the church until around 8:45, so anywhere that works for you is fine by me.

Alright, then let's meet at the Hyatt at 9, think it's easier for everyone.

@Alain are you coming tomorrow after all?

I will try and join next time, decided to spend some time with the kids tomorrow... oldest is a little tired of being home all day this week.

Will come along for 9. Where's the exact meeting point - around the T-junction with the Trek store?

Back
Top Bottom