What's new

Ride Friday, June 1st - Kazahari

kpykc

Speeding Up
Jun 13, 2007
Hi there,

This is my personal FT (Fuji Training), but if you're up to climb a bunch of steep hills together - feel free to join. Here's the plan:

Friday, 8:00am at Uenohara station (chuo line) -> Kobu tunnel -> Kazahari rindo -> Kobu tunnel -> Uenohara golf fields (optional) -> Uenohara station (not later than 13:00).
~75 km

Possible (depending on personal sensations and timing) harder and a bit longer option is Uenohara -> Kobu -> Kazahari -> Kobu -> Wada -> Takao
~90 km

No coin lockers at Uenohara station, AFAIK, so take your stuff with you, which means finish anywhere you wish, including riding back to the city.

The schedule is a bit tight, so it's gotta be relatively fast. I will not be resting/waiting for long time.

Feel free to join, if you're up to it.

I chickened out of the real suffering last Friday Sergei, not this time.

If my work schedule allows it, I'll be there. I'll know by tonight.

Dave

I hope you can make it, Dave. I can plot a route if you need it.

I've just been able to confirm my schedule for tomorrow. I can make it to your suffer fest :D

If you have a route it would be helpful, as insurance if I get behind on my own. Although I kind of know the area now.

See you 8:00am at Uenohara station.

Dave

What time do you expect to be Hinohara? I might rendevous with you there.

Dave, thanks for the nice company today!

The weather was looking grim at first, and Dave caught some rain on Tamagawa, but later it turned out to be a great day for riding. Kazahari rindo did not disappoint - always ready to offer its unthinkably steep slopes for crazy cyclists always ready to suffer :warau:

120601_1018_01.jpg

Dave, it was a pleasure to ride with you - looking forward to some more adventures :bike: Tim, did we miss you somehow? I was a bit late (came to the intersection at 9:04am), but we could not see you anywhere.

One week(-end) left before Fuji. Need to think of something special next time..

Sorry I couldn't make this - I had to wait for a parcel. Managed instead to drag a couple tires up and down the river. Not as nice as Kazahari, for sure!

Thanks for leading the ride yesterday Serguei!

My first climb of Kazahari was indeed tough, quite a lot of the climb was very very steep, but with two or three very short flat bits.

Nice roads with little traffic, too.

Too bad you couldn't make it Tim, but your idea of joining the route at hinohara was perfect for me as I'd have had to change trains three times to get to uenohara on the chuo line. I could leave my house at the same time and ride out.

We made good time and I rode back too, through the Tama hills. The weather was great until I got home. Big dollops of rain beginning to fall as I was riding down my street. Just in time.

Looking forward to the next adventure.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom