What's new

Friday, June 1: 200km+ loop

thomas

The Crank Engine
Nov 1, 2005
As I am off next Friday, June 1 I wondered if anyone equally fortunate would like to join me in a 200km+ ride.

I was thinking of either the classical Yamanaka-ko loop (around 250km door-to-door from where I live) or the "Pucci Special" without Nokogiri-yama which Aaron, Daan and I did last Saturday.

Of course, I am open to suggestions. I need to be back in Tokyo by 8PM. :)

Why Not!!!

Hi Thomas,

Why NOT Nokogiri? I am tempted to take Friday off and come with you ;)

Let me check my schedule,

Cheers,

Philip

Will you be packin'?

Thomas,
Do you plan to take some spare tubes :eek: ?!
You get an unfeasible number of puncs!

Sorry, I can't join you on this epic.

Alan "Why Must I Work Like A Dog" W.

Friday's full!

Sorry Thomas,
I really need to increase the distance of my rides too.
But I really can't take this Friday off.
Maybe in a couple of Saturdays (while Philip's taking it easy for his race, it might be a good chance to catch back up to him).
Rubber down! T

Thomas . . .

My apologies Thomas. I have been unable to reschedule my work commitments this Friday and therefore cannot join you. I was really looking forward to going over Nokogiri yama once more :mad:

Have a great day! Don't forget the spare tubes :p

Philip

Philip, Alan, Travis, thanks for considering joining me on the loop. I won't be able to hold my horses, so I guess I'll engage in a few solitary hill climbs - with a sufficient supply of spare tubes and patches, of course! :)

200kms

Have never ridden that long in a day, but I should be game for it having been ten days on the road. Decide on a route.

Have never ridden that long in a day, but I should be game for it having been ten days on the road. Decide on a route.

Phil, perhaps we can meet somewhere in Western Tokyo and set out from there. I'll get back to you with two propositions later today.

Pucci Special

Phil, what do you think about the Pucci Special ? More info here. Assuming you will come from Yokohama, we could meet at Eda Sta. too and take the same route as Philip and Christoph.

Let me know if you are willing to engage in four hill climbs in a day. :D

Friday

Let me take a look at my Mapple and Google Earth; I will let you know tomorrow.

Have reccently been doing quite a bit of hill climbing, but not at the pace described in the Pucci Thread!:eek:uch:

good luck!

Ah, I would like to give this a go, sounds hard! But got work, work, work....

have a good time, guys!

Spare tubes, thomas, spare tubes!

Ash

yeah - that's sound good!! just let me know where and when.....
We all have to catch him up!!

@ Thomas: I really would like to do the Pucci Special once more but I never found this road in northern Germany..... unfortunalley I'am also out for the weekend.

Sorry Thomas,
I really need to increase the distance of my rides too.
But I really can't take this Friday off.
Maybe in a couple of Saturdays (while Philip's taking it easy for his race, it might be a good chance to catch back up to him).
Rubber down! T

yeah - that's sound good!! just let me know where and when.....
We all have to catch him up!!

What I`m thinking is to determine where along the route to arrange an intercept vice proceeding to a train station and starting.

Phil, perhaps we can meet somewhere in Western Tokyo and set out from there. I'll get back to you with two propositions later today.

Here`s what I`d like to do:

It appears this route passes through Yamato-Shi; let me know what route you`ll be taking and your departure time. I will get on the road ahead of you and proceed independently until you fly-by - will attempt to catch up and proceed together. Where will you cross the Sagami River?

Can be on the road as early as 0500 if you want to start early.

Here`s what I`d like to do:

It appears this route passes through Yamato-Shi; let me know what route you`ll be taking and your departure time. I will get on the road ahead of you and proceed independently until you fly-by - will attempt to catch up and proceed together. Where will you cross the Sagami River?

Can be on the road as early as 0500 if you want to start early.

@ Phil

I will follow Rte. 246 to Tsuruma (close to Machida), turn into Rte. 16 up to Hashimoto, from there follow Rte. 413. We should cross the Sagami River somewhere near Lake Tsukui. Most likely I won't start rolling before 6:00AM and probably need two hours from Eastern Tokyo. I expect to be near Hashimoto around 8:00AM.

@ Christoph

Sorry you cannot make it this time. Ich freue mich aber schon darauf, wieder mal mit Dir zusammen auszufahren - hoffentlich bald!

Back
Top Bottom