What's new

Ride FRI, May 3rd - Tsuchizaka & Shiozawa-toge

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
It's Golden Week so a good chance to ride on a Friday, some great climbs and some great descents are in order!

INFO:
Meet Time: 6:30am
Meet Place: Family Mart (HERE)
Climbing: 2200-2500m
Distance: 165-175km
Route: HERE

This is a reasonably hefty ride with minimal bailout points and not so many stops, so pacing yourself will be important. The last big climb in particular has some rather steep sections. All climbs will be wait at the top (WATT). There'll be plenty of climbing, descending, greenery, countless miles of beautiful rindos,! If you are capable and interested please, join us!

Also please note, I'll be riding Sunday as well. Route and details HERE.

Depending on how the dentist goes tomorrow night, I am in.

Will post back after the work is done.

I have my brother coming to visit from thursday, but if I manage keep him busy with other stuff, I'll join for sure.

I have my brother coming to visit from thursday, but if I manage keep him busy with other stuff, I'll join for sure.

Vikings.jpg

Please note the earlier meeting time! :D

Hey Peter, I've triple-checked the timing. Ain't gonna make that dumb mistake again...

To rub salt to wound, I actually dropped my precious wind-breaker on Monday while riding alone up and down the river. Just ordered another one from Wiggle but don't think it will arrive by Thurs. I shudder at the thought of descending without wearing one... so I'm hoping that it will get warmer on Friday.

Hey Peter, I've triple-checked the timing. Ain't gonna make that dumb mistake again...

To rub salt to wound, I actually dropped my precious wind-breaker on Monday while riding alone up and down the river. Just ordered another one from Wiggle but don't think it will arrive by Thurs. I shudder at the thought of descending without wearing one... so I'm hoping that it will get warmer on Friday.

Cheers mate, see you Friday!

I have finished in the dentist; was worse than I thought it would be, so I am going to say yes or no to this ride tomorrow night when all the painkillers have worn off and I can assess the damage.

Sunday will pretty much be definite, but I don't know how much this is going to knock me back yet.

Cheers

I have finished in the dentist; was worse than I thought it would be, so I am going to say yes or no to this ride tomorrow night when all the painkillers have worn off and I can assess the damage.

Sunday will pretty much be definite, but I don't know how much this is going to knock me back yet.

Cheers

Understood! Glad you survived, mate!

Right, I am out for this one. Woke up and my whole face and jaw are in utter agony. I have painkillers and anti-biotics the dentist gave me due to the hardcore job they had to do, and it has been bleeding a fair bit too, so not going to risk knocking out the collagen gum filling they have given me by legging it around the mountains.

Sunday should be OK though, as the dentist said I should start noticing improvement by Saturday morning.

Have a good one!

Right, I am out for this one. Woke up and my whole face and jaw are in utter agony. I have painkillers and anti-biotics the dentist gave me due to the hardcore job they had to do, and it has been bleeding a fair bit too, so not going to risk knocking out the collagen gum filling they have given me by legging it around the mountains.

Sunday should be OK though, as the dentist said I should start noticing improvement by Saturday morning.

Have a good one!

Take care, and don't push too hard to early, get yourself healed up first!

Yeah, cheers. Been dozing off at my desk at work today due to the painkillers (I realize this actually probably makes me fit in better), and the thought of riding tomorrow is just not happening.

Really want to ride, but just can't. Will make sure I get out on Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom