What's new

Help Frame pads for fixed bikes.

kiwisimon

Maximum Pace
Dec 14, 2006
I am bringing my fixie out for morning sessions on the track and as I have to push this a few minutes each way (the local koban has a hard on for brakeless bikes) and lean it on various walls and stands I am thinking of getting a pad to protect my top tube from the swinging bars. Any ideas on those foam pad things the hipsters are all sporting, might get a poster of a nude ET for my back wheel after that, not many folk know that ET was a hermaphrodite. After that I want to get a pre-Abenomics metrosexual clothes collection from Uniqlo. Appreciate any thoughts on any of the above especially the frame pads.

Kashimax makes the ones that are NJS approved. http://www.kashimax.co.jp/fivegold.html If you want to show the locals that are you are more hip than hip. make sure you've mounted some Soyo Goldstars as well.

BMX ones aaaaaall the way.

S&M, The Take, Standard, Mutiny etc.

Empire BMX, Alans, or DanComp for online shopping.

Foam tube for insulating pipes works good, too. And you can use it as an SMR device on the track infield.

Gaffer tape if you want old sckool

http://www.empirebmx.com/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=9398

This is the classic padset.

1095090.jpg

Gaffer tape if you want old sckool
Yeah - actually I was gonna mention that ... bar tape, ankle tape, etc. All good. but not as 'hip' as the Kashimax - at least off the track - but for sure if you roll on with that on your TT it's a freepass to any practice day.

will probably end up running tape as my frames TT is quite fat( like the rider). Gonna go on this
IMG_1203.JPG

What do you think of frame protection foam tube wrapped in black cloth tape? Couldn't find what they call gaffer tape in Japan. Have dropped the stem and raised the saddle since this photo. Also taken off the brakes, have a ITT on the local track in two weeks.

Well, anything Griffen has my bow! Homage to one of the best track bikes ever! Quite frankly , nothing in Japan has touched these then and now.

Well, anything Griffen has my bow! Homage to one of the best track bikes ever! Quite frankly , nothing in Japan has touched these then and now.
Yeah the fork is a mis-match but the rest is sweet, colors by me and the fact it's my last name is even sweeter, this frame is a life long keeper.

Yellow 3M electrical tape mate! Matsudo does that for his track frame.

3M makes a clear plastic electrical-type tape that works well...and you can get from Tokyu Hands.

Went with white tube foam and blue electrical tape. photo.JPG

Thanks for all the advice, next, are white high socks metro sexual or last years news?

Back
Top Bottom