What's new

Forgot your bike pump?

I'm sure this might raise a few eyebrows.
:cool: Much more likely to forget this than to forget my pump. But the concept of an air transfusion is fun.

--HF Mike--

haha - kinda like siphoning gas... but yeah, I'm more likely to forget this as well my pump. I was thinking about building in a small airtank into my new bike frame so that I could have a rechargeable pressure source. Then if the need arises I'd have a 1-shot recharge for the tire. Or , if someone invents an air shifter for cycle derailler. Still, it would need this silly external hose.

Airshot sHIFTERS

Shimano did it, to no avail,

The frame idea is neat though! Patent it!
Seems you would need some sort of refill canister for the co2 (maybe directly from a standard cartridge?)and a built in valve, but all worth it! Maybe a built in pressure guage for the tech heads just in case! Maybee bot in a structually holding area of the frame. Or maybee a built in pump...

This is also not new - we used to build this into the drag race frames. Essentially you just machine a special cylinder from aluminum to fit inside the tube. This will be able to withstand much higher recharge (250psi+) from a standard nitrogen recharger. Then use the pressure actuators for shifting. Depending the size of the cylinder, you could get quite a few shifts - maybe a hundred or so. Now then, what would be very cool is combine this with a small braking pump - so that when you hit the brakes, you actually use regeneration energy to recharge the cylinder - so every time you stop - you are recharging your cylinder. It wouldn't be nitrogen - but close enough.

Back
Top Bottom