What's new

For northern Arakawa riders

theBlob

Bokeh master
Sep 28, 2011
The LHS bank north of okegawa circuit is almost complete, meaning you can ride on the nice wide bank all the way virtually to the rail crossing. Heading under the bridge through the golf course area means you can get all the way to the west point motorcross park bridge. Cutting out all that narrow bumpy public road section on the RHS of the river.
The LHS actually continues much further past there and at times you would think you were in another place. It’s not as fast but it’s quite interesting riding.

You can see the first part of what I was referring to on this ride. (Return leg)

https://strava.app.link/vbh5yXeNKdb 1612932146392.png

Nuff

Speeding Up
Jul 28, 2020
I'm pretty new to North Side of Arakawa (I start at the outlet/south side). Does it mean that the fence on the LHS bank is gone near Hanekura bridge/Fujimi City Sports Park? Since I had no idea how to get past it and continue further north.

luka

Maximum Pace
Jan 13, 2015
also when you say left or right, do you mean facing upstream (north) or down? I'm gonna have to check this out soon

theBlob

Bokeh master
Sep 28, 2011
In other news the closure on the rhs path after the spaceship finally opened after about 2 years of detouring into shiki.
And there is another new path just opened north of there that removes the need to be on the road for one of the bridge gaps. So they are slowly linking it all up.

SystemSix

Warming-Up
May 5, 2020
The LHS bank north of okegawa circuit is almost complete, meaning you can ride on the nice wide bank all the way virtually to the rail crossing. Heading under the bridge through the golf course area means you can get all the way to the west point motorcross park bridge. Cutting out all that narrow bumpy public road section on the RHS of the river.
The LHS actually continues much further past there and at times you would think you were in another place. It’s not as fast but it’s quite interesting riding.

You can see the first part of what I was referring to on this ride. (Return leg)

https://strava.app.link/vbh5yXeNKdb View attachment 29539
Thanks for the info. I was actually planning on exploring the northern bank tomorrow.

Top Bottom