What's new

Tech Fizik Saddles

SWA

Cruising
Sep 1, 2021
Hi

Can anyone recommend a Tokyo bike shop that knows their 💩 when it comes to Fizik saddles?

I ride a Fizik Antares R3 on my road bike and am thinking of either 1) getting a second for a new gravel bike or 2) investigating an alternative that replicates the Antares.

I can have a hard time with saddles but somehow Antares has worked - so I’m looking for some expert advice.

Half-Fast Mike

Lanterne Rouge-et-vert
May 22, 2007
My butt prefers the Arione Wingflex. I bought my first one from Y's Road in Shinjuku, years and years ago. I know it works, so when I need another I buy online - Amazon or Rakuten or whoever has one.

OreoCookie

Maximum Pace
Dec 2, 2017
I have had three Fizik saddles. On my mountain bike I have their gravel/XC saddle, which does its job. On my road bike, I have an Arione, I think (their most aggressive saddle).

Big shops should have saddles to try out. When I tried Fizik saddles, they were bright blue and orange or red. I could try them for a week until I ordered one.

Reactions: SWA

SWA

Cruising
Sep 1, 2021
Just FYI I ended up finding a 3D printed Antares on mercari at a good price and went with that. The hype is well-founded.

CyclingInAsia

Warming-Up
Oct 21, 2022
I have the Tundra M5 on my hard tail. Decent saddle.

TheAussieinJapan

Maximum Pace
Apr 15, 2014
I bought a Fizik saddle after years of GCN talking them up only to find it gave me immense back & tailbone pain. Ended up selling it, going back to cutout type saddles.

OreoCookie

Maximum Pace
Dec 2, 2017
I bought a Fizik saddle after years of GCN talking them up only to find it gave me immense back & tailbone pain. Ended up selling it, going back to cutout type saddles.
Fizik also makes cutout versions of their saddles, and on my old endurance road bike, I really needed the cutout. On my new road bike, I sit differently, and I am comfortable on the stock Fizik saddle the bike came with.

Top Bottom