What's new

First ride in Tokyo

Guillaume

Warming-Up
Dec 28, 2014
Hello
I just moved to Tokyo.
I live in Denenchofuminami. I'd like to join a ride Sunday morning without taking the train as I would have been running in the mountains already Saturday.
Would some people interested to ride with me and show me some routes around Tokyo?
Cheers
Guillaume

Welcome, Sir!

If you mean the day after tomorrow, the weather doesn't look promising. (Me, I'm old and slow at the best of times, and probably I'll still be recovering from a horrible cold, so you wouldn't want to meet me -- not this weekend, anyway.)

The standard undemanding ride from where you are is to drop down to the river, cross at Maruko-bashi (where route 2 = Nakahara-kaidō crosses the river), go upstream (right bank) along the cycle path until this ends, go along a road parallel to the river until the cycle path restarts, follow the cycle path to Koremasa-bashi (where route 9 = Fuchū-kaidō crosses it), cross there, go upstream (left bank) until Hamura. And then back: total very roughly 90 km. There are several confusing sections; just ask another cyclist. (Make a friend!) I'd happily go along with you and show you the way some day, but I think not the day after tomorrow.

It wouldn't give you any help in finding your way around Tokyo, though. Apart from scenic/pleasant rides in Tokyo, is there any particular place in Tokyo (e.g. your workplace) where you'd like to or need to go? Some day when my nose and throat are back to normal....

Thank you very much
Tomorrow I might ride Oi Futo or along the river
You are free to join if you want to

Back
Top Bottom