What's new

First "real" bike

And a Brooks B17 saddle should be your early xmas present to yourself, or from whomever.

(and it seems wiggle is not carrying brooks saddles anymore...! :( )

yeah, a can of their proofhide...? (no saddles)

A quick email sent to Wiggle and I got this response.....

Thank you for your email.

I do apologise, but due to commercial licensing issues we are not able to distribute certain items and/or brands to certain countries as there are specified dealers in these countries.

We are currently in negotiation with the relevant authorities to see if we can once more broaden the area we dispatch certain items to.

Again, I do apologise for this inconvenience.

Regards

Andy

Wiggle Customer Services

Yeah, free trade..... :rolleyes:

Glad I got my B-17 when I did! :D

Funny, if I read the write up about Brooks Saddles on the Wiggle site correctly, they say that they recommend them for rides up to 1 hour, but longer than that, they recommend something a little narrower and sportier. I always thought it was the opposite.

I was worried when I got my bike this year that there would be issues with the seat - based on peoples' reviews, but the San Marco - Ponza Power is brilliant for either short or 200km+ rides. That BH bike you were considering that looks very cool, btw, comes with the same seat. :)

In essence, I commute everyday, but not enough to own a competition ready bike. I've been thinking that perhaps a touring/commuting bike may be more appropriate for me.

Me and my gf do too much grocery shopping on our bikes with baskets. I'd be selfish if I rode a rode bike every few days making her carry everything in her chari basket. :eek:uch:

I`ll just add one thing, the Defy does have the option to add racks so it can be used for commuting/occasional touring. Also, the additional front brakes make it more suitable for use as a commuter, as you can access the brakes without having to reach down to the shifters. Fenders and a stand are easily added. (NB: I don`t work for Giant!)

Simple solution to the grocery shopping dilemma is to still use your mama chari for that - I do. Not wanting to insinuate anything about your girlfriend, but riding the mama chariot will probably make it easier for you to ride together at the same pace.

Back
Top Bottom