What's new

First LiveSTRONG Cycling Event in Japan

StuInTokyo

Maximum Pace
Dec 3, 2010
Hi all, I'm a member of Japan Supports LiveSTRONG, we are having a cycling event, you can see the info >> Here << it is on the Arakawa river, it is NOT a race but a ride. There are 28 million cancer survivors in the world, so the number 28 is the theme this year, the goal is to ride 28Km or 28 Miles.

I cannot go, as it is on on the 28th of May, a Saturday, but I would encourage anyone else who can attend to please do. I think that cancer has touched just about everyone these days, as my lovely wife and I are both cancer survivors, this is a cause close to our hearts.

I'll be posting other events, we hope to do one on August 28th a Sunday, and then the LiveSTRONG day of October 2nd, a Sunday we will be planing a ride that will start from the center of Tokyo and go for a nice long ride. More on these events as they come up.

Cheers!

Hi Stu. Looks like a great event for a great cause.

The Norikura Century Ride, which has been organised for the past couple of years by NorthStar Lodge, is also a LIVESTRONG/Lance Armstrong Foundation event. Daniel Junker, who runs the place, is himself a survivor.

Too bad you can't take part on 28th May. Do you ever give yourself a proper holiday?

Shame, Saturday's a work day for me otherwise I would have participated.

Should be able to make the August and October events if they're on a Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom