What's new

Filipino senior cyclist

rambrolp

Warming-Up
Sep 20, 2012
Hi I am Ambo, senior cyclist, married to Japanese based in Manila. I will be in Tokyo October 24 to November 4. I plan to bring my road bike from Manila to do a little biking in Tokyo and neighboring sites. Any suggestions ?

If you like fast and flat routes, I recommend along the Arakawa river.

If you like hills, one of my favourites is Tomin no Mori to the west of Akiruno (Musashi Itsukaichi station).

Positivo Espresso has a very good introduction to routes near Tokyo:
http://positivo-espresso.blogspot.jp/p/20-rides-near-tokyo.html

Or you could simply join one of the rides posted in "Unofficial Tours & Short Runs" if you feel up to it.

Hi I am Ambo, senior cyclist, married to Japanese based in Manila. I will be in Tokyo October 24 to November 4. I plan to bring my road bike from Manila to do a little biking in Tokyo and neighboring sites. Any suggestions ?

Welcome, Kababayan! I am also just a new member here this year. I lived in Sagahihara City and do most of my cycling around the area. Maybe we can ride togetherin my usual routes. If you like hill climbs, we have Takao and Yabitsu Toge nearby. If you like flats, we can go to Enoshima Island via Yamato-Fujisawa cycling route.

I can also go to Tokyo area, bring my bike and we can ride together. But I am not familiar in those places, like the Arakawa river route, but seems interesting.

Hoping I can bike with a Kababayan here in Japan....

Reactions: mau
Hi kabayan. Sure lets ride together. Perhaps we can meet somewhere. I will my bike case and bring my bike by train anywhere. I hope you could give me your number so that i could call you when I arrive on Wednesday next week. I plan to ride Thursday and Friday of next week.

Hi kabayan. Sure lets ride together. Perhaps we can meet somewhere. I will my bike case and bring my bike by train anywhere. I hope you could give me your number so that i could call you when I arrive on Wednesday next week. I plan to ride Thursday and Friday of next week.

I usually ride on weekends as I have a full time work. Maybe we can bike together during the Saturdays that you are here. I will PM you my contact numbers including facebook account. I am looking forward to it.:D

Back
Top Bottom