What's new

Fenix Bike Light Sponsorship

kimura

Warming-Up
Sep 20, 2012
Hi everybody,

This is Kimura from Fenix and we are looking for cyclists in Japan to sponsor our bike light for testing.:rolleyes:
I know there are many professional riders here and we are glad to invite you attend this campaign.:bike:
Here is the link for more detailed information
http://www.fenixlight.com/viewcnews.asp?id=59.
The samples are free of charge and good luck to you. :angel:

Kimura - Very interested in testing this light also. Especailly in the winter months when I start my off season training and lights become essential.

How many lights are allocated for the testing? And in particular, from here in Japan?

Do you mean 30 lights for Japan allocated? Or 30 lights in general? Also - are you making a version that can be directly connected to dynamo hub?

:rolleyes: We have 30 lights for testing, and don't be worried, we have local distributors in Japan.

A dynamo hub version would be nice. I think for randonneuring events, a dynamo powered light would always be my first choice.

18650 cells (cylindrical Li-ion cells of 18 mm diameter and 65-68 mm length) are much more capable than AA (#3) or CR2032 (button) cells used in many cheap bike lights. Given this superior power source this light should work well, but with really bright lights these cells also reach their limits.

Fenix uses 2600 mAh cells. A dynamo supplies about 500 mA at voltages similar to two 18650 cells in series, so if the light maxes out the dynamo the same setup with 18650 batteries would last about 5 hours. If you need to cover more hours you would carry spare cells.

I wonder when somebody will come up with a bike light with builtin USB port, so it can double up as a smartphone charger during daytime rides :)

Back
Top Bottom