Ride February 7th - Friday morning Boso escape

Musashi13

Maximum Pace
Aug 27, 2012
Ichikawa, Chiba
Meeting at Honda Station (No lockers) : 8:00am
Distance : 130km
Elevation : Bits and pieces coming in at around 1500m or so.
Pace : Not too fast not too slow. A lunch stop and a nibble or two.
Route : Here

Not free at the weekend but have time on Friday? Join Me and @saibot for an early morning start into the rolls of Boso.

theBlob

Bokeh master
Sep 28, 2011
We did that ride a few weeks back. It is a good one, but very easy to get confused about which road is the right one to be on where they cross over. We rode part of it "backwards" I think…. Have fun!

You may find a little ice on some of it as well. We saw some and that was when it was much warmer than it is now so take care.

Musashi13

Maximum Pace
Aug 27, 2012
Ichikawa, Chiba
We did that ride a few weeks back. It is a good one, but very easy to get confused about which road is the right one to be on where they cross over. We rode part of it "backwards" I think…. Have fun!

You may find a little ice on some of it as well. We saw some and that was when it was much warmer than it is now so take care.
Thanks for the heads up.

Looks like we keep left, both out and in for the crossovers. I had my suspicions that ice may be a feature on some of the forever shaded areas. I'll pack my blow torch.

Musashi13

Maximum Pace
Aug 27, 2012
Ichikawa, Chiba
Good route.

Did the whole course with a few missed turns we went back for but no ice and no dramas.

@saibot did the whole thing in Spring kit, HARDMAN. I started too strong, excited to be let outside again, and was glad to finish when we did.

saibot

Maximum Pace
May 29, 2012
Taito
good stuff indeed, was a bit chilly around the hips especially in the beginning. My "sock" worked like a charm though! :)