Ride February 28 or March 1 Chiba dirt & gravel part II *cancelled

hat and beard

Maximum Pace
Apr 3, 2012
Boso
More fun in the dirt. This time will start at the Kanaya Ferry. Roughly half of this ride is off road so choose your stead wisely. Skinny road tires are not encouraged unless you love fixing pinch flats.
I'm flexible on the date and start time. Let me know if you're interested and we can work something out.
Only 95km, but definitely not an easy ride. Distance can be extended if need be.

hat and beard

Maximum Pace
Apr 3, 2012
Boso
I meant March :(
I could, however, change it to February 8th (AKA Sunday) or the last weekend in February if that would work for anyone. :)

hat and beard

Maximum Pace
Apr 3, 2012
Boso
I'm highly tempted. I could get across the bay via Kurihama by 10:10 on Sunday morning. Is that too late to start?
I reckon we could get it done before the sun goes down. It's supposed to snow all day tomorrow and rain on Sunday, though. Things might get a little sloppy and pneumonia inducing. Perhaps it's better to wait? I can do the last weekend in February or pretty much any weekend in March if that works.

I really would like to join but not sure about the three hours train ride... I will let you know!
Take the ferry! Depending on where you are it is likely to be quicker and certain to be more pleasant than the train.

May 21, 2013
True ferry will shorten my traveling time a bit.
Will I need to put my bike into a bag on the ferry?

Mike, what time would you catch the ferry?
I guess late start would be good...

joewein

Maximum Pace
Oct 25, 2011
Setagaya, Tokyo
joewein.net

bloaker

Maximum Pace
Nov 14, 2011
Miura, Japan
If conditions are perfect, you can only bitch about the climbing, then you look weak... so bring on the mud and freezing and bitch away like a pro!

hat and beard

Maximum Pace
Apr 3, 2012
Boso
Haha. Wet socks in summer, sure. Wet socks in winter, no thanks.

February 28th or March 1st it is then. Anyone interested let me know and we can figure out what works best. I think a 10ish start time should be fine.