What's new

Today February 2019

BTW - I love riding in the snow. Scary as crap, speeds are slow, but I am hyper aware.
I can feel every slip & every bump. Something about it is amazing.

I run fenders on my fargo sometimes. Honestly they are underrated. If you spend a little more money and get a nice set, they can don't look bad at all.

I lusted for this bike when I saw pics from the NAHBS (I will admit I would have prefered it to be disc tho)
View attachment 17311
That looks pretty sweet.

Any recommendations for some fenders that would fit my RLT with 650bx47mm and 700c x38mm?

That looks pretty sweet.

Any recommendations for some fenders that would fit my RLT with 650bx47mm and 700c x38mm?

When I take some mental breaks today at work, I will look at see what I can find. On the fargo, I was limited. I needed fenders that would have room for 29x2.4 tires (found them) and in black, they just blended into the bike. These are just the Planet Bike Cascadia fenders. The only set I found that would actually work with my tire choice that would still look subtle..

22528445_10155698644532808_2664997179022185602_n.jpg

If you like metal - Velo Orange & Handsome Mud Brothers both look nice when mounted properly.

Velo Orange

36813576_10156470600878545_6506512382674599936_n.jpg

Handsome Mud Brothers

20130719_185835.jpg

Portland Design Works also makes some nice stuff.
https://ridepdw.com/collections/fenders

These are the brands I know off the top of my head. I will search more later today.

I have black SKS chromoplastics on one bike, not sure about the other fendered one.

One caution--unless you get clip-ons (at least the front), bagging your bike for trains is gonna be a problem

I have black SKS chromoplastics on one bike, not sure about the other fendered one.

One caution--unless you get clip-ons (at least the front), bagging your bike for trains is gonna be a problem
Or carry and alan to turn your bars. But yes, it is a problem if you don't plan for it.

If you like metal - Velo Orange & Handsome Mud Brothers both look nice when mounted properly.

Velo Orange

36813576_10156470600878545_6506512382674599936_n.jpg

Handsome Mud Brothers

20130719_185835.jpg

Portland Design Works also makes some nice stuff.
https://ridepdw.com/collections/fenders

These are the brands I know off the top of my head. I will search more later today.
Cheers mate. I'm guessing I'd need something like the 650B 60mm wide fenders. Would they fit 700c 38mm tyres?

chain-drop I had on my commuter last week... kinda messed up the crank arm/chainring, but better than if it dropped on the inside and mewed the frame I guess. one pin is bent/warped so gotta change the chain too. it's been about 3,000km, so I guess about 1 yen per km utilization rate....

1549867130220.png

1549867240267.png

chain-drop I had on my commuter last week... kinda messed up the crank arm/chainring, but better than if it dropped on the inside and mewed the frame I guess. one pin is bent/warped so gotta change the chain too. it's been about 3,000km, so I guess about 1 yen per km utilization rate....

View attachment 17314

View attachment 17315
New bike is your only option in my eyes.

I run fenders on my fargo sometimes. Honestly they are underrated. If you spend a little more money and get a nice set, they can don't look bad at all.

I lusted for this bike when I saw pics from the NAHBS (I will admit I would have prefered it to be disc tho)
View attachment 17311
I agree.Lovely looking bike....but disc brakes rule.I wish my Surly LHT had them,but at least I can upgrade to some Long Haul Trucker disc compatible forks..

I agree.Lovely looking bike....but disc brakes rule.I wish my Surly LHT had them,but at least I can upgrade to some Long Haul Trucker disc compatible forks..
LHT is 26", right? You can go with all kinds of options for forks. Then snag a TRP RyRD and your will be smooth sailing! Hydraulic front without changing your levers.

spent more than 2 hours cleaning, polishing, inspecting and fine-tuning the bike today, and am now again ready to trust it with my life tomorrow. out to check the conditions on the lower saitama hills around ogose-moro area (and maybe riding back for change to start HTFU again a bit)

spent more than 2 hours cleaning, polishing, inspecting and fine-tuning the bike today, and am now again ready to trust it with my life tomorrow. out to check the conditions on the lower saitama hills around ogose-moro area (and maybe riding back for change to start HTFU again a bit)

I was out on the Green Line for a little hike yesterday and the walk up Kuroyama was very nice indeed. Enjoy your day!

I was out on the Green Line for a little hike yesterday
Were you up on the ridge or just to the waterfall? I'm interested in the condition of the green line itself, since it's kinda high up, does not get much sunlight etc.

If you're available you're welcome to join us tomorrow. We're starting around 8:30 from the spaceship, so we'll probably get to the area around 10:30 or 11. The invite goes for others on the forum too, PM me. Couple of us just decided on this, so couldn't post a proper ride thread...

Thanks for invite @luka but I'm working:( I walked up to the road at the top (about 5-600 meters up) and it was all good. No snow or icy bits as far as I could tell.

Back
Top Bottom