What's new

Feb or March to Osaka?

yukun

Speeding Up
Feb 18, 2011
Righto,

I am planning to ride to Osaka during my school's term break and was wondering which would be a better time to do it?

One's in late February from the 18th to and the other starts from the 30th of march. The one in Feb is a week long and the one in March is close to three weeks long.

Climate wise which would be better? Would the climb up to Hakone be iced up during February:confused:?

Can't really do summer as i will not be around

Am clocking in at the very least a century during long rides on the weekends to get some serious saddle time.

Am clocking in at the very least a century during long rides on the weekends to get some serious saddle time.

Is that a real century or a fake European one? the reason I ask is because the ability to ride 160km v 100km in a day is a big difference.

Is that a real century or a fake European one? the reason I ask is because the ability to ride 160km v 100km in a day is a big difference.

well at the moment its closer to the "fake European one". Am adding more kms though.
planning to take it easy over a week. Not in 3/4 days.

I am planning to ride to Osaka during my school's term break and was wondering which would be a better time to do it?

One's in late February from the 18th to and the other starts from the 30th of march. The one in Feb is a week long and the one in March is close to three weeks long.

Climate wise which would be better?

Starting from end of March you'll pick almost the best time of the year, as late March/early April is the cherry blossom season in the milder parts of Honshu. Lots of people are having outdoor picnics then.

February on the other hand is fairly cold. Actually, the first half of February is usually the coldest time of the year. You may have more luck in the second half, but later in Spring would definitely be a great time.

Can't really do summer as i will not be around

As Japanese summers are extremely hot and humid, the summer would not be my first choice.

Thanks!! march it is then! Would also give me more time to train up i guess.

Back
Top Bottom