What's new

Feb 6th - Arakawa Up & Back Again (LSD)

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
Similar to last weekend, I'll be doing another LSD jaunt up one side of the Arakawa and back down the other. This time we'll go one bridge farther than last weekend.

Route: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/277850
Meet: 10:00 AM
Where: Arakawa just west of Route #17 (See map above)
Pace: Targeting Heart Rate Zone 2 (28-33kmph)
Distance: 70km (plus transit to and from home to starting point)

I enjoyed my ride today with Andreas.
We found a nice and smooth cycling road along Iruma river.
Andreas > Hope to see you soon. Maybe next weekend?
Pete > I am really sorry that you couldn't join us today.Get well and see you soon.

I'm glad to hear that it went well and sorry for bailing out!

I laid my bike down on yesterday's ride and quite honestly wasn't too bothered by the injuries to my leg, hip and hand. When I woke up this morning however, I was really sore but not directly from yesterday's injuries. Apparently, in order to protect the new wounds, I slept in an awkward way that exacerbated an existing lower back (koshi) injury on the opposite side. One that was up till this morning 95% healed. That being said, I could hardly move when I woke up.

After a hot bath and some minor stretching, the area seems to be, thankfully, loosening up again. I should be ready to go by next weekend. See you then!

Andreas or Takaaki, can you give us a link to your GPS data so we can see the Irumagawa route you took?

How was the area north of Hwy #51?

Well, The Cycling road was nice and it's width was about the same as that of Edogawa CR(Of course the narrow area).
Compared with Edogawa CR, there were less people on Iruma CR and there were no rough or bumpy spots.

I also saw so many Udon shop in north of Hwy #51.
I googled about that and found out kawashima is known for Udon(suttate udon).
Let's try it next time.;)

Back
Top Bottom