Feb 6 or 7 long ride?

AlisaDC

Warming-Up
Jan 29, 2016
Anyone doing a long weekend ride that starts at/passes the Imperial Palace this weekend?

I moved to Tokyo yesterday. Road bike is set up, but don't understand the road rules sufficiently to ride out on my own. My usual Sat ride is 100+km @28-30kph (I'm a girl, obv)

Appreciate any tips, suggestions or companions!

luka

Maximum Pace
Jan 13, 2015
Do you have a train bag? I may lead one around kasumigaura lake on Sat which would involve getting a train to tsuchiura from ueno. If not it starts from several thousand yen and you get next day delivery on amazon.jp

The ride will be about 100 km, at about that pace, depending on the whole group

theBlob

Bokeh master
Sep 28, 2011
There will be rides going up along the Arakawa this weekend. You would need to be able to navigate to the Arakawa though.

TorC

Maximum Pace
Sep 4, 2015
Alisa - Welcome to Tokyo!

You are very welcome to join me and Emma (another TCCer) on Saturday. I will be cycling from near to Imperial Palace (so I could meet you there) and then will be meeting Emma on the Tama river at 8am for a quick flip round a few suburban hills before heading for a coffee stop. No idea how far / how long so it will not be an official ride which is posted on the forum but if you want a gentle intro into cycling in Tokyo then please feel free to join us. I can then give you the low down on some of the other rides that are available.

PM me if you fancy it.

Cheers, Tor

leicaman

Maximum Pace
Sep 20, 2012
Asakadai, Saitama
Alisa - Welcome to Tokyo!

You are very welcome to join me and Emma (another TCCer) on Saturday. I will be cycling from near to Imperial Palace (so I could meet you there) and then will be meeting Emma on the Tama river at 8am for a quick flip round a few suburban hills before heading for a coffee stop. No idea how far / how long so it will not be an official ride which is posted on the forum but if you want a gentle intro into cycling in Tokyo then please feel free to join us. I can then give you the low down on some of the other rides that are available.

PM me if you fancy it.

Cheers, Tor
@AlisaDC be very wary of @TorC when she says a "gentle intro to cycling in Tokyo". I don't think she understands the meaning of gentle when talking about cycling ;)