What's new

Ride Feb 29 (yep we have 29 days this time), Saturday, Arakawa ride to Enomoto farm for some ice cream

luka

Maximum Pace
Jan 13, 2015
I will ride out to the Enomoto dairy farm in Saitama's Ageo City this Saturday. Can meet just before 9am (for prompt departure at 9 sharp) at the blue flood gate around 20 km mark on Arakawa (aka iwabuchi suimon), and then largely follow the river there and back.

It's possible to meet at the spaceship too, i.e. the other flood gate about 10km further north if people are interested. Comment below. @Timothee wanna come maybe?

I am still recovering from some knee issue, and have yet to ride this distance. So may have to turn around earlier if it gets irritated (though I haven't had any symptoms for more than 2 weeks now). Social pace otherwise, should be about 80 km there and back from the starting point, and light headwind is forecast for both directions. So back by 1 pm-ish?

EDIT: meeting place pic for anyone still in doubt. If you've ridden Arakawa, you will recognize this. Be there just before 9 am

1582778137383.png

next time mate! with things thawing down in the mountains (not that it was so cold this year anyway) and on a personal plane getting over this knee issue hopefully soon, there will be plenty more rides going up north come April and later (unless this virus paralyzes the whole place that is)

I wanted to go on this ride, too, but couldn't as I have to go and pay bills early on Saturday mornings. Not often I can ride with TCC legends, so kicking myself to have missed this one...

there were no TCC legends, just me and another mate in the end ;)

there will be plenty more of these I'm sure. would love to ride with you, even if it's not on a harley chopper haha

You and your mate (saw on Strava) are both legends, and I'm sure not just in my eyes.
I missed a rare chance to catch you both on the flats over a humane distance and eating ice-cream. Will try not to miss the next opportunity.

in my fittest days I was perhaps in the upper levels of mediocrity, but that's all. andrei can be considered somewhat of a legend, true that, with his ultra distance riding. but these days he's taken on eating once in 48 hours or some similar crazy diet, and I'm recovering from some knee issues. so we're just mamils really. for the next several months at least, my rides will be social pace and you're more than welcome if our schedules match

Back
Top Bottom