Fat-Bastard Rinko Routes

Sikochi

Maximum Pace
Sep 13, 2010
Kochi
I work hard enough while climbing and am likely to build stamina and burn calories there, but I tend to take it too easy on flats and downhill. It still enjoy that part of the ride, but it's not as effective training as it could be.
Joe, you`re not the only one! This is the first thing the power meter told me - slacking off on flats and almost non-existent effort (at times) on downhills. I`ve found switching to mid-foot riding has helped significantly with both of these, so I`m closing the effort gap, but still a way to go. To ride mid-foot, you have to either drill your shoes for new cleat holes (though Speedplay have a get-around) or like I have done for now, just ditch the clipless pedals and ride flat pedals.

knownone

Speeding Up
Aug 4, 2011
Tokyo
jeremyscofield.ca
Joe, you`re not the only one! This is the first thing the power meter told me - slacking off on flats and almost non-existent effort (at times) on downhills. I`ve found switching to mid-foot riding has helped significantly with both of these, so I`m closing the effort gap, but still a way to go. To ride mid-foot, you have to either drill your shoes for new cleat holes (though Speedplay have a get-around) or like I have done for now, just ditch the clipless pedals and ride flat pedals.
Biomac (http://www.biomac.biz/) make shoes for mid shoe cleat placement, but they might not be all that easy to get a hold of.

Sikochi

Maximum Pace
Sep 13, 2010
Kochi
Cheers, I`m aware of those and they are ridiculously expensive. :eek: Problem for me is, I prefer mid-foot for flat and downhill riding, but normal ball of foot is fine for uphill, so until I find myself 100% of the time riding mid-foot will keep the flat pedals so I can swap position, and maybe just reel the clipless pedals out for any hill climb events (after I`ve tested whether they are more efficient or not).

StuInTokyo

Maximum Pace
Dec 3, 2010
I was thinking of doing this ride on the 31st, but some things have come up that I have to do on that day, so I'll not be doing this ride. I'd not officially announced it yet, so I hope no one was counting on it happening on the 31st.

I hope to do it in the near future.

Cheers!