What's new

Farewell Tokyo...

AlanW

Maximum Pace
Jan 30, 2007
Hi,
Well as many of you know, my time in Japan has come to an end :( and my corporate masters want me back at Company HQ in Houston, USA. I will be leaving on Monday, and my bikes are already boxed-up ready for air-freight.

It has been my pleasure to meet and ride with the TCC. One could not wish for a friendlier, more helpful or more enthusiastic community of bikers. I wish all of you happy & safe riding.

I hope to come back to Japan sometime in the not-too-distant future, depending on project schedules and locations. So I hope this is not "sayonara" but only "mata ne"

:greets:

AW.

That's a shame... thought you were a lifer (for Japan).
Hope you get as much of or more riding in over there.

Mission control...prepare for re-entry......

Gone But Not Forgotten

There is no replacing Alan, so we'll all have to ride a little stronger, a little more skillfully,
a little more intelligently, and a little more joyfully until he returns.

To Alan: Happy trails. It's been a pleasure and an honor to ride with you. Thank you for
all the things I've learned by observing your example.

Alan, you will be missed. No farewell though, as we do expect you back, hopefully before next year's Hotaka hillclimb! :)

Many thanks and good luck...

Alan,

I only had the chance to ride with you on a few occasions but I will always remember the "short run" that you dragged me up and over earlier this year around Takao !!

Very best wishes and here's hoping that we see you back very soon.

Take care and .....er "pedal dammit !!"

Charles

take care mate!

Alan, all the best mate! Thanks for your great contribution to TCC. It was a pleasure to ride with you and to know you. Like the others have said it is not goodbye, just catch you later!

Ash

Cheers Alan--really glad I managed to meet you in person on the Yokohama ride before you left! Your postings and photos are one of the reasons I found this board and signed up for it.

My enduring image of you was on that same Yokohama ride when we were whizzing back home through the dusk along Rt 16, and instead of riding through a wide puddle across the road, you adroitly and carelessly bunny-hopped it on your road bike. Now that man has skills, I thought to myself...

Good luck in the States Alan. I enjoyed meeting you on the Hotaka Race and hope to ride with you again someday, although hopefully next to you rather than eating your dust as you speed away!

Mike

Sorry you are leaving

Alan

Best of luck in the USA. It was a pleasure to meet you and to read your helpful posts on this forum. As per Thomas, it is not goodbye but just see you back again next year.

Take care mate

Pete

Sayonara for the moment

Alan, it is so sad to know you will be gone. :(I met you for the first time at the Miura run last January which was my first experience with TCC. Since then, I had pleasure to run with you a few times. Work hard to seek opportunity to work in Japan again and come back in the future. I miss you. And, enjoy the life in US. Good luck!! Post on this site and let us know your bike life in US.

Minoru Arai

What to say???

First of all, Alan,
I'm fairly sure that "Goodbye Tokyo" does not mean "Goodbye TCC"!
With someone as computer savvy as yourself, I don't think the distance of an Ocean (Pacific, perhaps:confused:?) could dissuade you from checking in every now and then.
Also, I'd just like to say, I don't think this site "TCC" (or any other site, for that matter) has ever had the privilege of having such a knowledgeable and experienced rider like you.
You were, are, and should continue to be one of TCC's most valuable assets.

On all the rides we've done together, it has been a genuine pleasure.

With Nobu and Naomi (Go-Go-Gals) being such good friends, I'm sure that our paths will surely cross again.
Take care in Texas! And if all works out well, hopefully you can find your way back to Japan again in the near future.
Best of luck!
Travis

We only rode together once, down to the tip of the Miura Peninsula, but it was a fun ride indeed. It would have been nice to join you on a mountain excursion, but perhaps I'll get that chance in the no-too-distant future. If you ever come back on vacation, maybe the mysterious Panasonic loaner bike will have resurfaced by then, and you'll have something to ride. :)

In the meantime, best of luck to you and Naomi in Houston. I look forward to reading your Texas ride reports here on the Tokyo Cycling Club forum! Seriously, let us know what the cycling's like down there. If the TCC jerseys ever materialize, we'll make sure you get one. Gotta represent.

Take care,

David

In the meantime, best of luck to you and Naomi in Houston. I look forward to reading your Texas ride reports here on the Tokyo Cycling Club forum! Seriously, let us know what the cycling's like down there. If the TCC jerseys ever materialize, we'll make sure you get one. Gotta represent.

Take care,

David

Well.....
I am being in Tokyo until next March because of my job:warau: so I will be able to see TCC members next month ( Bonenkai?).
PS: Alan might be sent back to Japan soon:)

Naomi

Well.....
I am being in Tokyo until next March because of my job:warau: so I will be able to see TCC members next month ( Bonenkai?).
PS: Alan might be sent back to Japan soon:)

Oops, sorry! :warau: Well, I'm happy for TCC and sad for you and Alan. :)

As for the possibility of Alan being sent back soon -- great news for TCC!

David

Texas

Alan,

It has been great riding in your wake (and desperately trying to keep up.) Hate to lose you to Texas, but hopefully you will be retured to your proper place before you actually become a Texian.

See you at Hotaka, I'm sure!

Alan! I'm in Houston as well! Let's continue the tradition of tokyo cycling down here in Houston!

Shoot me a message when you get home. I have converted many of my friends to road cyclists (ex-mtb) since my return.

I plan to return to Japan before my marriage with my friends to do a few good tours.

ありがとう!

Alan-san,

Thank you for all the rides you came on with me.
When you come back to Japan, let's ride together again.
Don't worry about Naomi-san; we'll be living near each other, and I'll make sure she rides her bike too:D.
Take care! Nobu

TCC Houston Chapter

Alan! I'm in Houston as well! Let's continue the tradition of tokyo cycling down here in Houston!

Shoot me a message when you get home. I have converted many of my friends to road cyclists (ex-mtb) since my return.

I plan to return to Japan before my marriage with my friends to do a few good tours.

Alcyone - my bikes will be here in a few days, ready to hit the road! I'm sure we can form the Houston Chapter of TCC :)

Everyone - I'll still be checking into the website regularly!
Cheers,
AW.

またな!

Alan-san,

thank you for your run and run for TCC.

But don't forget to report from Houston as TCC's MTB division leader.:mad::p
I am waiting ,with whistle and beer, the day you will come back to Japan.

Take care and see you again! Mata-na!

Back
Top Bottom