What's new

Fantasy Vuelta 2017

GrantT

Maximum Pace
Oct 2, 2012
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIt's Time!
For the biggest fight of the decade. McGregor vs. Mayweather.
Oh wait.
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIt's Time!
For the biggest fight of the decade. Froome vs other guys. The lead up has been incredible, with Froome aggressively downplaying his chances for weeks, and other guys not saying much!
Such drama.
The TCC Velogames league this year is 18267803.

Just 3 days to get your teams in, so don't hang around!
As we saw during the Tour, the mid level sprinters scored actually really well. The Vuelta makes this even easier since there are no top level sprinters anywhere to be seen. A mid-level sprinter-heavy team is definitely where it's at this year.

A good few descent finishes for lots of blood and mayhem, too. Will Nibs of the Pistol guy push too far on the corners down to the line?

Gripping stuff

This looks to be the most hotly contested battle of the year, with a long line-up of real contenders ready to fight it out in the GC. We've got Contador, De La Cruz, Jungels, Caruso, Chaves, Soler, Keldermen, Majka, Bardet, Kruijswijk, Bennet, Meintjes. A massive list. So the real question is, which of these guys will take the coveted 5th place?

It's a bit of a fucking mess but my directeur sportive is ready to spit, curse and gesticulate in Spanish for the next three weeks. Let's roll hombres!

it seems my strategy of picking all team sky with a few random guys with Spanish sounding names is paying off.

My strategy of staying away from Sky and picking guys I think will ride well, not so much.

Haven't watched a single stage but have been following the news.

If only it weren't Nibali cutting in on Froome - who personally I'm totally ok with if he wins. What is it about Nibali...

Side note maybe but as for those new KASK helmets, pretty sure my final take is both thumbs pointed down down down. Yucky.

I'd like to thank team sky. They worked hard for me. Well done boys!

261st is pretty much the opposite of my TDF velogames result. See you next year for another round of fluke or failure.

Back
Top Bottom