What's new

Race Fall Crits

bspitz

Cruising
Jan 1, 2019
Hi all,

First time posting here. I've been a solo rider since starting 2 summers ago, and I'm itching for something competitive. Sprinting has always been my strength, so crits have a natural appeal to me.

I've been able to find a few that are taking place this fall. I'd love to hear thoughts on these particular races or suggestions for others that I've overlooked.

Miyagase (14 Sep): https://walkride-cycling.info/miyagase-c/

Shimizu-cho (27 Oct): https://www.sportsentry.ne.jp/event/t/79924#Scn-5

Oiso (monthly from Sep. through the winter): https://walkride-cycling.info/oiso-c2019-20/

Hi! Nice finds. I might be interested in the Shimizu or Oiso ones (probably have a time conflict with Miyagase).

On October 20th there's the Kawasaki Marine Enduro (http://www.bikenavi.net/index.html) which is like a long, flat crit for 2 hours. Some of us from this board went last time and a good time was had, I was planning on doing it again.

And if you're near the Tama river we have a morning training ride sometimes on Tuesdays 5:30-7:00 (shameless recruiting) , you're welcome to join ;) See: https://tokyocycle.com/threads/tuesday-morning-tama-training-thread.6329/page-42#post-117770

Kawasaki Marine Enduro could be interesting.

Thanks for the heads up about training rides. I might be able to try it out next week if it's on.

One week before Motegi, SeoFesu will be held in Sodegaura, Chiba. It is a very nice event long awaited, many categories, a lot of booths with the possibility to test bikes for those interested.
I will be signing for the 4 hr enduro. It is actually the closest circuit from my place so I like to go there.
A nice T-shirt is also offered every year

Nice. Was wondering if Oiso would happen this year.

Unfortunately my season is over. Took a nasty spill at Shimofusa last week and am in the hospital after breaking my collarbone and two vertebrae. :sly:

I heard somebody had a really bad crash at Shimofusa, which is apparently a crash factory. Last year someone got life-flighted, apparently.

I heard somebody had a really bad crash at Shimofusa, which is apparently a crash factory. Last year someone got life-flighted, apparently.

I was in the crit, but apparently there was also a bad crash in the 60min enduro that was right after. Sounds like they cancelled the remainder due to safety concerns. Someone from that crash was wheeled into to ER next to me, but I'm not sure how serious his was.

It's a pretty sketchy course. There was a sink hole that was well marked, but csused the course to narrow to half width (at the fastest part of the course). We were still bunched up in the second lap, and I got squeezed between a rider on my right and a stiff bush that came right up to the edge of the road on the left.

I was in the crit, but apparently there was also a bad crash in the 60min enduro that was right after. Sounds like they cancelled the remainder due to safety concerns. Someone from that crash was wheeled into to ER next to me, but I'm not sure how serious his was.

It's a pretty sketchy course. There was a sink hole that was well marked, but csused the course to narrow to half width (at the fastest part of the course). We were sholtill bunched up in the second lap, and I got squeezed between a rider on my right and a stiff bush that came right up to the edge of the road on the left.

I hope you will recover quickly and well.

As for the other crash, a video from is posted on youtube where we see the guy lying in the middle of the road in the downhill. I noticed the width of the road in the downhill was reduced which is quite dangerous with a big bunch and squeezing.

In the enduro I did in August there, the width was also reduced just at the bottom of the downhill, where the speed is maximum. Water coming from the ground was bringing mud. As the time passed, the amount of water and mud was increasing. I guess it did caused that sinkhole.

Going there at least 3 times a year for enduros, I would not say it is a crash factory as I have never seen any severe crash and ambulances coming, in the opposite of the Sodegaura circuit, where nearly everytime a big crash has happened. Of course, a lot of factors occur. But this Matrix event in Shimofusa, which I did in the past, is certainly the most dangerous there due to the high number of racers on this small circuit and the fact the pros are really riding full gas (which I did not like by the way)

I did the August 90min enduro too, and it was pretty sketchy. Slower riders were told to ride on the inside, but of course faster riders want to take the best possible line. It made for some very close calls where there were almost crashes.

I did the August 90min enduro too, and it was pretty sketchy. Slower riders were told to ride on the inside, but of course faster riders want to take the best possible line. It made for some very close calls where there were almost crashes.

Actually, you might have parked next to my car. I remember now. Preparing for the 3hr, sorry I did not take the time and try to have a quick chat. It was really hot on that day. No way to refresh during the race as the water in the bottle must have reached the 30 degrees.

Hope you can be discharged quickly from the hospital.

Actually, you might have parked next to my car. I remember now. Preparing for the 3hr, sorry I did not take the time and try to have a quick chat. It was really hot on that day. No way to refresh during the race as the water in the bottle must have reached the 30 degrees.

Hope you can be discharged quickly from the hospital.

Small world! Yeah, it was crazy hot. I can't imagine doing the 3hr race during the middle of the day.

Thanks. Looks like I'll need to stay a month in the hospital, unfortunately.

Unfortunately my season is over. Took a nasty spill at Shimofusa last week and am in the hospital after breaking my collarbone and two vertebrae. :sly:
Sorry to hear that, I hope you get well soon.
Thanks. Looks like I'll need to stay a month in the hospital, unfortunately.
Dang, that's really a bummer. Do you have a SO to take care of you?

Back
Top Bottom