What's new

fair price?

Good, but just in case you do somehow get the bike, take care that you get its registration transferred over to you. (that little yellow sticker)

I'm not sure how this works, but for an informal sale, if the bike has been registered, there might be some minor paperwork that needs to be done so that you become the registered owner.

Just a thought...

+1.

This can save you a lot of headache in the future if there are questions about the bike. no idea how it works, but have heard it is a big kerfuffle with the po-po if not sorted.

I heard from the seller he found another foreigner to buy it off him.

So I am ready to buy a bike. I have a Specialized Roubaix at home. Should I just shop Sports Authority? I'm near minami-koshigaya station. There is a denki bike shop in Satake arcade in Taito that has been very helpful to me (and I wouldn't mind giving him business). He said he could order me any bike and recommended http://centurion-bikes.jp/10bikes/hyperdrive500.html

But then I only have about 3 weeks in Tokyo remaining (plus two in Hokkaido on a farm). How much could I probably sell this bike for?

Are there group rides I can find here? I'm not in the best shape so ideally a group for slow overweight people :) I'm completely comfortable riding in traffic, on roads at home in the States, but here, I would want to do some group rides first.

But then I only have about 3 weeks in Tokyo remaining (plus two in Hokkaido on a farm). How much could I probably sell this bike for?

Personally, with that time frame, I'd give up on getting a bike.

Tho something that you buy new wouldn't be as old as the bike that was under discussion here...

...I think you could re-read this thread and glimpse what you might get.

(And that's without the 3 or 5 week deadline staring at you.)

56 tends to fit well. Where might I rent? halffast looks like I'd fit in perfectly, thanks. I sent them a subscription inquiry.

Despite my timeframe, I'd love to ride whatever river path i found near Koshigaya. I'm here on a long vacation and it would be time well spent. I have an event ride when I get back to Minnesota of 150 miles over two days, one week after I land, and it could be my first time to use the sag wagon if I don't get some miles on.

Back
Top Bottom