What's new

eye protection

On the topic of glasses, I carry a 100 yen-shop pair of reading glasses in my repair kit. One side is a little stronger than my normal prescription, but it sure is nice to be able to see when fixing a flat or looking at anything else. And sometimes I think it would be nice to have a little magnifier over the smaller numbers on my edge...

...If I were to recommend the best sports sunglasses I own then it would be Maui Jims. ...

I have an ancient set of Jims for driving, not a cycle design--two thin layers of glass sandwiching another layer in between. Actually I used to have two pair, but one got sat on. Designed for being on the water, with a darker upper and lower.

And sometimes I think it would be nice to have a little magnifier over the smaller numbers on my edge...

If I have trouble with small print, I sometimes resort to taking a picture with my digital camera and then viewing it in zoom mode. Not the most convenient, but works if you have nothing else.

If I have trouble with small print, I sometimes resort to taking a picture with my digital camera and then viewing it in zoom mode. Not the most convenient, but works if you have nothing else.

Yeah, that's something I'd never thought of, but could you repair a flat that way?!?! ;):D

Fortunately, swapping for a spare tube usually fixes the problem for me :) I always carry a spare tube (two on brevets and other all day rides). I have not yet had to repair a punctured tube to be able to continue a ride.

Fortunately, swapping for a spare tube usually fixes the problem for me :) I always carry a spare tube (two on brevets and other all day rides). I have not yet had to repair a punctured tube to be able to continue a ride.

Then again, your saddlebag looks so capacious and your wheels are so petite, you might even pack a spare tyre. (Or maybe even a spare rim.) When I think about it, the size of my own bike is unnecessary and perhaps slightly absurd. (So I'd rather not think about it.)

Back
Top Bottom