Extra hair removal (shaving) - year 2014 edition

Apr 3, 2012
Tama Center <-> Otemachi
Okay, after recent get off and having to deal with the road rash on hairy legs, I've come to the conclusion that I should get rid of the hair. So I have particularly hairy legs and arms. Enough to make little kids cry when they see me in shorts.

What equipment to get? Electric razor or safety razor?

How much removal? Where does one stop with the grooming?

Any other tips?

GrantT

Maximum Pace
Oct 2, 2012
Setagaya
Electric razor to raze the forest, then a multi-blade razor to get that silky smooth feeling and for regular upkeep.

A safety razor with a single replaceable blade I found causes too many cuts. I use one on my face but multi-blade is much easier for the legs.

Best time to shave is after a bath when the hair/follicles are more supple. After shaving, shower the legs with cold water for a bit to tighten up the follicles and lessen aftershave rash.

kiwisimon

Maximum Pace
Dec 14, 2006
Japan
Pay someone to do it for you with a electric trimmer and wet multi-blade razor.
Think about road rash, where do you get it on your legs?
Where does one stop with the grooming?
Depends how much you pay to get it done.
If you pay your significant other to do it, a bottle of fine wine should preclude any other tips.

danny

Maximum Pace
Feb 29, 2008
Chofu-shi, Tokyo
www.cyclism.jp
Okay, after recent get off and having to deal with the road rash on hairy legs, I've come to the conclusion that I should get rid of the hair. So I have particularly hairy legs and arms. Enough to make little kids cry when they see me in shorts.

How much removal? Where does one stop with the grooming?

Any other tips?

wexford

Maximum Pace
Jul 3, 2012
Tokyo
I used to race as a schoolboy and used to shave my legs. Everyone did. My sisters used to love watching some of the lads oil up their legs before the races. It was a hot topic on the way to a race whether or not they'd get to see a certain chap applying oil to his oh so perfect legs. Naturally, I was always hopeful that certain girls were looking at me oil mine up. I think it was his tan that did it for my sisters though.