What's new

Evans cycles - - reliable?

jdd

Maximum Pace
Hardest Crash
Jul 26, 2008
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/sabbath/silk-route-2010-road-frame-ec022778

I've got my eye on that. Both eyes, actually. But while I do seem to remember some comments here about Evans, given my senile (and beer-blurred) memory, maybe those comments were/weren't about Evans but some other shop like Chain Reaction, or some other non-Wiggle outfit that I've never dealt with.

So, is Evans okay, and reasonable to deal with? Is there anything I should keep in mind or nail down before--or while--dealing with them?

TIA,

John D.

No problems here - although I've only had one reasonably big order off them (M988 XTR brakes).
Seem fine.

For that kind of money, plus shipping etc, I'd be talking to our man Tim here on TCC.....

Paging Tim.... Tim.... Mr. GSAstuto please pick up the white courtesy phone.... :D

I did write a post on them somewhere. Evans are fine, the only likely problem is they can be a bit slow - if the bike is not at the warehouse but in one of their stores, it has to be recalled and not all the shops are as efficient as each other.

i got my wheels from them. the front wheel shipped at lightening speed. i ordered monday and it was here by friday. but they dicked me around with the rear wheel. kept saying it was in stock but it took two weeks instead. other than that no complaints

Just a thought, have you tried contacting sabbath direct? Maybe as you are in Japan and they have no dealers here, they might sell you one direct.

Thanks Owen, you're right. Besides being in the same price range - frame is custom (bespoke) sized and includes the fork! DOH! And we can also do the S&S couplers as an option.

Yeah, what Stu said.

Get on to Tim. He is the man.

So, is Evans okay, and reasonable to deal with? Is there anything I should keep in mind or nail down before--or while--dealing with them?

I've always found Evans to be more reliable than other stores including Wiggle

I've always found Evans to be more reliable than other stores including Wiggle

Hmm that's quite a statement, I've never had an issue with Evans, whileI have with Wiggle, however if I look at my spending habits between the two companies its 10/1 ratio and obviously Wiggle who got the majority of my custom is more likely to have issues.

One thing I have noticed with Evans though is that whenthey say they have it..... they actually have it.

Thanks to all who responded here, I appreciate it. The above frame, discounted a bit, looked like 2010 close-out stock, and it did say shipping included (at least when I was looking at it!).

I guess I jot off a PM over the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom