What's new

Euro Style Track PARTY!

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
For those new to the sport this is what its all about.

some of you may have heard "6 days of ghent" whispered in corners or other forgein sounding events that seem more like a right wing political movement but there is something more sinister going on.

http://www.trackparty.net/about

Tom I expect you to be there regardless!

Thats because it is!!

Beer and Racing! It DOES NOT get any better than that!

Also if a group go you can do abitof gambling between you, that is unless the Keirin Asso. is involved then we can do some betting legally.

Cool.
And it looks exactly as the six days race in Bremen - that's at least where the photos on the homepage are from.

Cool.
And it looks exactly as the six days race in Bremen - that's at least where the photos on the homepage are from.

Yes they are Michael, but I got to see the CCC indoor track and its impressive. Same design as the fastest velodrome in the world in Manchester England, some of the Keirin riders here in Japan that have raced in the UK are very excited about the new velodrome.

I heard the rumor that Chris Hoy might be participating - possibly after taking part at Japan Cup the week before.

Hmmmm I think I will press the BS button on the Japan Cup rumor as Chris doesn't ride road. Although he could be a guest that starts the race or gives out the prizes.

But very high chance hewill be at this event as the Velodrome in Izu is bloody top class and as Chris had a huge part in the Manchester velodrome he may have had a hand in this one.

But the Keirin . is putting some serious money in to the sport to invigor interest. Tsukino hasreceived an invite to attend the womens training camp but they thought she was alittle older than what she is :D But they are going to try and work something out for her.

Nice report! The stands look half empty - how full was the drome for the actual races?

Yes, they did not sell out the stands. They were not as empty as the photos look - there were certainly plenty of people milling around in the lobby area and also outside, where they were selling typical Japanese festival food (tako yaki, yakisoba, etc.), but there were still too many empty seats. In theory, the mid-field arena seating was sold out, but they could easily have packed in 2x or 3x as many people if they had planned for it -- no need for huge tables when you are just eating light food on plastic and someone comes by twice an hour and clears away all the empty plates and cups.

I think they should have promoted it much more broadly and cut the ticket prices, and gotten lots more cyclists out there.

One of tyhe major issues is that there were two major races that weekend and the Japan Cup was the week before hand, so I think having this straight after one massive event and also at the same time as other races is a bad move by the Keirin Asso.

Too bad the Izu Velodrome is situated such that one is virtually forced to drive there.

I think that is also another HUGE issue

That was my point exactly. Why put this 'International Velodrome' literally in the middle of <f++*CK All> Again - JKA shoots itself in the foot - the govt doesn't care because its complicity and overall, no one cares because its Japan 'Business As Stupidly Usual'.

Get JKA out of the cyclists hair once and for all! Establish REAL TRACK RACING and REAL ROAD RACING, not encumbered by a post WWII need to placate (and milk) the gaming masses without influence by the 893 and perhaps cycling sports in Japan would be even mildly interesting. Until then, YAWN!

Too bad the Izu Velodrome is situated such that one is virtually forced to drive there.

Back
Top Bottom