What's new

Official Ride ePerformance Training Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
Several months ago It was posted that I would be working with Thomas on building the TCC in to more of a structured "Club" than a forum. Ideas ranged from organised TT's or "Gentleman's Races" like the MOB Sayonara ride/race to touring holidays and other events.

Well after a lot of work and negotiation we are pleased to announce our first official venture with ePerformance, Fuji-Cyclingtime.com, HIGH5 sports nutrition and Tokyo Cycling Club.

more sponsors are interested in supporting this event and will be added once confirmed

The Official ePERFORMANCE Training Camp.

The course will be held in 18th - 19th - 20th March of 2011 and will be held for 30 riders of novice and intermediate level (Although more advanced riders are more than welcome to join) the core goal of the course is to help riders improve on thier handling and riding skills and prepare them for thier first race, sportive or just build up a higher level of confidence on group rides.

Here is a list of basic contents to be covered in the course:

Pedaling economy

• geometry of the pedal stroke
• muscular engagement
• cleat setup
• seat post height and its relation to pedaling style and pelvic tilt
• climbing technique
• upper body isolation

Riding in a group or peloton

• understanding wind direction
• how to ride "La roué"
• understanding the practical application of drafting
• how to touch and warn riders in close proximity

Simplified Bicycle fit

• general run through of the basic elements of fitting

Cornering drills

• understanding weight transfer and leverage
• balance and the role of the inner ear

Bicycle equipment

• climbing specific
• criterium specific

This is a general outline and can be modified depending on the level of athletes attending.

There will be one professional ePerformance instructor from Canada and several supervisors made up of experienced TR/BR riders from the FCT squad whom have raced on an international level.

The course will be held in Chiba and the price of the 2 and a half days will cover the course, lodgings and food. There is parking available for those that drive and there is a station located 4km from the camp and we will be able to pick riders up from there if needed.

The course will be given in English and a Japanese translator will also be there to translate for non-English speakers.

Also the sponsors will provide other goodies for the riders that attend and also prizes for a raffle. We are currently in talks with a sponsor to provide a Jersey and possibly bib shorts to all that attend to give you that Pro feeling! :D

Also for members of the TCC there will be a discount for those of you that sign up, the price will be posted later as this is something that is still on the negotiation table with the sponsors of the event.

Normal Advertised Price: ¥30,000 JPY
Tokyo Cycling Club Price: ¥25,000 JPY - we are offering a 5,000 discount to TCC members.

Please remember that it is limited to 30 riders due to the one on one tuition and hands on methods used at the camp. So please understand that this is a first come first serve system and if the places aren't filled we will then open it to other clubs and teams.

I will try to answer any questions you may have and once I have the final pricing I will let you know.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

数か月前にウェブサイトへTCCをフォーラムより更に構成された"Club"にする為に、ト
ーマスさんとの共同企画を行うだろう、と言う書き込みがありました。
そこで、TT's または" Gentleman's Races紳士の為のレース"、 MBOサヨナラ・ラィディン
グ/ホリデー・ツアーの様な他のイベントを基に、企画の練り直しを行いました。
幾度となく協議と検討を重ねた末に、私達は今日ここで皆様へ素晴らしいイベントのお
知らせがあります。ePerformance,Fuji-Cycling.com, HIGH5 sports nutrition,そしてTokyo
Cycling clubのご協力を得て、初の大掛かりなトレーニングキャンプを始動する運びとなり
ました。

他のスポンサーの皆様からも、このイベントへの参加協力を随時承っております。

ePerformaceトレーニングキャンプ 公式詳細

日程:2011年3月18日~20日、約30名の初級者及び中級サイクリストを参加対象としてい ます。(勿論、上級者レベルの方の参加も大歓迎です) 今回のキャンプの最も大きな概念 は、レースに備えてのハンドリングテクニック、ライディングスキルの学習、またはより 高度なレベルを促進し、グループライディングの責任感を生み出すことです。

下記がトレーニング内容の詳細となります。

ペダリング・テクニック
・ペダルストロークの法則
・筋肉の構成・運動
・骨盤の配置位置、シートポストの高さとペダリングスタイルの繋がりについて。
・クライムヒルのテクニックについて。
・上体の保持・操作方法

グループライディングとぺロトンについて
・風向きの推測・理解方法
・快適なぺロトンの実施方法
・風向きを考慮してのドラフティング応用法
・ぺロトンでの接近の際、他のライダーへの合図方法

簡単なフィティング方法
・ 一般的なフィティングアィディアについて

コーナリングテクニック
・ 移動時にかかる動力と重力について
・内耳のバランスと役割について
具体的に必要な設備・用具など
・クライムヒルの際

尚、上記は一般的な概要の為、アスリートのレベルによって変更する可能性があります事を、ご了承ください。

今回のキャンプには、TR/BR及び、国際レベルのFCTチームで豊富な経験を積んだ数 人のスーパーバイザー陣によって成り立つ、アスリート育成の会社 "ePerformance"より プロフェッショナルのインストラクターを北米・カナダからお迎えいたします。

レースのコースは千葉で実施、参加料金の中にはコース使用料・宿泊代・食事代が含 まれています。駐車場設備も有りますが、キャンプ地からはおよそ4km地点に最寄りの 駅があり、必要ならば参加者のアスリートをお迎えにあがることも可能です。また、基 本的にキャンプのトレーニング内容は英語での説明となりますが、日本語へと通訳を介 せる数名のアスリートも備える予定でいます。

キャンプの後半には参加者の皆さんに、くじ引き方式で賞を授けたいとも企画してい
ます。現在、私達はイベントスポンサーにジャージとサイクリングショーツの提供協力
をお願いしている處です。もしもご協力を頂けたら、これらの景品は参加者の皆さんに とって更にプロフェッショナルな意識をご提供できることでしょう!;-) 更に、TCCに登録しているメンバ-の方は、幾らかの割引を受けることも可能です。キャンプの参加 料についても、イベントスポンサーと交渉中な為、詳細が決まり次第お知らせいたします。

上記にありました様に、今回のキャンプの募集人数は30名様の限定とさせて頂きま
す。先着順・募集人数に達した段階で、締め切らせて頂くことになりますので、
ご了承いただけると大変助かります。

参加についてのお問い合わせなどがありましたら、お気軽にご連絡ください。
参加料金が正式に決定しましたら、改めまして皆さんにお知らせさせて頂きます。

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Riders that are Interested and places held.

We will post the bank transfer details later on and the list below is a holding place as a temp reservation for riders that are interested. Once the bank info is posted it will be changed to a reservation process and the first 30 riders will have first refusal on the camp. Please note if we reach 30 riders and you are interested please post as we may be able to run another camp if the numbers warrant it.

• rommelgc - Confirmed
  • Izo
  • Japanviking - Confirmed
  • tamagojo - Confirmed
  • astroman - Confirmed
  • GSAstuto
  • koribeyer - Confirmed
  • stan - Confirmed - awaiting information
  • baribari - Confirmed
  • Half Fast Mike - Confirmed
  • Oggy- Confirmed
  • Sikochi - Confirmed - awaiting information
  • Mrs. Sikochi - Confirmed - awaiting information

If the course fee isn't probitively expensive for a student like me then I'll be more than interested in this event...

ok I cannot confirm either way the cost of the event as we are still in negotiations with the sponsors who help bring the costing down.

Sounds good

Great idea James! I will join if I can.

Any idea of which weekend in March at this time? I am allready signed up for a couple of running races that month. Due to the current running boom and the need to register months in advance.

Cheers,

Keren

Dates added. 18th - 19th - 20th March of 2011

Just for the record Friday is check in, course overview, introductions and dinner.

I'd be really interested too James. I read your training tips on a thread last week and faithfully did 40k in hardest gear (had to stand up on those little Arakawa inclines), and then did 30k of two minutes hard, 5 minutes coasting intervals yesterday. Now I just need to learn how to get the cleats out of the pedals quickly (badly bruised thigh at the moment) and turn corners.

Izo... not wanting to push or plug the training camp but I think you might benefit a lot from this course, not only from the ePerformance instructor but also the supervisors who will attend as well as the riders themselves as a lot of knowledge gets shared around on these types of training camps.

Also you tend to be more analytical about how you ride and what you are doing on the bike when on a training camp.

I used to be very suspicious about professionals coaches until I took the plunge and met with one. A lot of the things they told me actually matched perfectly with some of the old mentors I had some 20 odd years ago before power taps, heart rate monitors and advanced super cycling computers…. Back then I had no idea what they were telling me I just did it and if I felt it worked I used it if not I put it down to glue sniffing when putting tubular tires on the bikes.

Now we have the science to prove these systems work and the professionals to translate why to us pedal pushers, within less than a year I went from being 98kg to 75kg and from being unable to climb Tsuru Toge on a TCC club ride to coming 31st in a UCI 2.2 Pro Tour Race and winning the JCRC S-class championships, of course not all of this can be credited to that one coach but he put me on track to where I needed to be, he isolated my weaknesses and listened to my feedback and concerns then adjusted the program to suit my needs and he open my mind to other methods and coaches.

So if you are open minded and serious about improving its worth coming along, I've been asked to be one of the supervisors but I will also be a student as I'm positive I can eak out more power from my bike setup and posture, especailly on my weak link, climbing.

Thanks for the encouragement James. I know I could benefit very much and I very much want to improve. I have no interest in racing, although I plodded around Sado Island on my horribly small crossbike last year and would love to do more "events" like that so just to learn the etiquette of cycling around others would be useful. I've been out to the Hanno/Chichibu area 5 times now and think the climbing could be quite addictive but at 73kg I'm no lightweight! After a little net searching and finding that pulling back hard on the bars was acceptable it was much easier going up the last couple of times - we are talking complete novice!

Fantastic advice on the forum ... thanks to all those people dispensing dressing advice, route and book recommendations (I have my copy of Cycling Japan and can't wait till it warms up to cycle up the river to Karuizawa.), training tips etc etc.

Very much looking forward to meeting you and congratulations on an amazing year's results - Isobel

Sounds this is fantastic chance to improve my cycling performance.
And I'd love to join this camp. However, it's totally up to the budget...
Hope our TCC membership makes big discount! :warau:

Ok I just got an email confirming the price for the course:

Normal advertised price for the course is ¥30,000 all iclusive but we are able to offer TCC members a ¥5,000 discount which is an awesome price on the package:

¥25,000 to TCC members.

I would be really interested in this, but it's at the worst possible time of year for me as far as work is concerned.

Very interested. It's in my calendar. To whom do I pay a deposit to keep my place?

Don't worry... I'll still be (only) Half Fast... but I might at least understand why :D

--HF Mike--

Aaaaaah. Why do I have to work that weekend??
Looks fantastic and a good price for a weekend!

Kori..... lots of notice, take some well earned vacation time!!!

Also Japanese information added to the 1st page.

Thanks James. I'll ask but I think I probably can't get out of attending gradutation... It's one of those key smile and be present meaningless work days.

Maybe I'll just coincidentally come down with Ebola...:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom