What's new

Official Ride ePerformance Camp Poll - What Would You Like To Do?

What would you like us to do?

• Hold the camp at a later date

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Refund the monies minus expenditures

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Donate the monies minus expenditures to the relief effort

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • None of the above - please give us your ideas

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
Several members have expressed a wish that the camp should be canceled and after expenditures the reaminder given to the relief effort for the Quake and Tsunami Victims of the recent Earthquake here in Japan.

The options are:

• Hold the camp at a later date
  • Refund the monies minus expenditures
  • Donate the monies minus expenditures to the relief effort
  • None of the above - please give us your ideas

Please note that this poll is only open to the riders that signed up for the ePerformance camp.

This is disappointing for us all, but perhaps more so for you James after so much hard work. It really sounded like a fantastic weekend so my vote goes to holding the camp at a later date.

Isobel

On edit - Sorry missed the voting form at the top.

I am also for holding it at another date.

I was really looking forward to it.

Seeing as how the location is on the coast I think sometime after the aftershocks stop would be prudent.

I'm also up for holding the camp at a later date.

Since I'm planning to make donations separately, I want this camp to be held. Thank you James for arranging all of this.

I am happy to hold out for a new date as the wife and i have given a similiar amount through an alternative group but if everyone else decides to donate, then more than happy to contribute.

I'm up for holding the camp at another date.

Let's all try to stay safe first.

I'll donate this amount of money or more, regardless
I'd like to do the camp at a later date, regardless

Who are you donating to? I prefer not to donate to red cross or multinational groups. Local groups usually get more money to the local are. Any suggestions?

I'm sorry it's not a simple answer.

I would like to hold this camp later, so I vote hold later. but also happy to donate. James, thank you so much for hard work. Regards, Naoko

I'm also up for holding the camp at a later date.Since I'm planning to make donations separately, I want this camp to be held. Thank you James for arranging all of this.
This, but since there's no guarantee that all concerned will be able to attend on the new dates I think it best to start over.

I don't know if the dates will suit for me next time, but I would participate again. However donating the remaining fee (after expenses) is a good idea to me. I would pay the fee again to join the camp when it is held.

Hello all, i'm in favour of donating the money. If it's possible and if i'm available (i left japan yesterday under advice from my company) i will repay the attendance fees for a replacement date.
David

Do please donate. I was looking forward to this, and hopefully we'll be able to do it later, I don't mind stumping up again. Graham

My preference is to reschedule for another date. My company is matching donations to local, vetted organizations so I plan to donate that way. I imagine other companies will (hopefully) be doing something similar.

I confirmed with the wife and we are happy for our monies to be donated to the disaster relief effort.
edit: I meant to say that whilst I`m sure all of us would all like to donate money, there might be some people for whom the camp expenditure represented a large proportion of disposable income, and hence, allowing them to PM their thoughts might be better than on a public forum which might make them feel pressurised into making a decision.

Who are you donating to? I prefer not to donate to red cross or multinational groups. Local groups usually get more money to the local are. Any suggestions?

I'm sorry it's not a simple answer.

Like Kori says, we would like some say as to who the money is donated to, as I don`t think all the money for the 2004 tsunami disaster went to where it was supposed to go.

As for the camp, we would still like to attend and am happy to pay again, as the original reasons for attending still apply: improve the wife`s confidence on the bike and improve my bike handling skills. Yesterday, I threw in one last climb and after 1 1/2 km of mainly zig-zagging found I had ascended a fraction over 180m. I struggled on the way down, due to the steepness and hairpins, so had to stop to let the rims cool down. Hence, I still need to improve as well. Only problem, will be scheduling. If you do hold a new camp, arranging it so the weekend falls with a holiday on the Monday afterwards, like this weekend would have been, would increase our chances of attending. Anyway, sorry we won`t get to meet you all, as was looking forward to attaching faces to names from this forum. Likewise, thanks for all your efforts in arranging the camp in the first place.
second edit: I tried to vote twice, once for me (hold the camp at a later date) and once for the wife (donate monies) to reflect both of these things, but it would only let me vote once!

I have voted to simply donate as it is fairly unlikely that I will be able to attend a rescheduled camp later in the year.

Keren

I was thinking, maybe we could find a charity that is involved in rounding up abandoned bikes and donating them to the survivors to help them regain some sense of mobility. Maybe that would be something we could all agree on and link in with the ethos of the club.

Tim is the man to ask about that! :D

Right now however it's a little hard to make a decision as both Sebastian and Stephan have moved to the South of Japan. Stephan's wife is expecting twins so they aren't taking any chances and are waiting for things to calm a little.

Patrick is still Tally Ho for the camp so one way or another we will get things sorted.

Actually I am in the process of writting a letter regarding this.

Back
Top Bottom