What's new

ePerformance Annual October Skills Camp info and FAQs

xtrca

Cruising
Dec 5, 2007
ePerformance Annual October Skills Camp

eperf skills camp ad.jpg

ePerformance Japan has teamed up with Cyclism Japan to once again bring you a skills
camp packed with tips and tricks to maximize your cycling and refine your technique.

The camp will cover many aspects of cycling like proper cycling posture, muscular engagement, pedalling economy, fitting, hill climbing and descending and much, much more.

This year the camp will be held at the renowned Mt Norikura. One of Japan's iconic mountain climbs. Lodging will be provided by The Northstar Lodge, Japan's number one cycling facility. This two day camp held on the weekend of October 19th and 20th will have theoretical as well as practical portions so the content can be properly understood and practised by everyone.

Patrick Desnoyers (having been featured in Japan's very own Bicycle Club Magazine) will be the head coach for this event. Patrick is a recognized coach by the Canadian Cycling Association, The Canadian Coaching Association and the Quebec Cycling Federation. So come out and learn how to be a better cyclist. Ride farther, faster, easier, and look more like a pro. We`ll teach you how. Learn proper advanced technique from professional coaches at a great location. To reserve your spot please email [email protected]

FAQs

Q. Am I fit enough to do a camp?
A. Yes, the athletes will be separated in to different skill level groups that best represent their current conditioning. Also, the camps' focus is refining technique, not speed. Day one of the camp will focus on safe and smooth group riding where as day two will focus on hill climbing. Day two allows the athletes to ride at their own pace as they climb Mt. Norikura (weather permitting).

Q. Is this a mixed gender camp?
A. Yes, all ePerformance camps are equally for men and women alike. Your skill level and fitness determines your riding group, not your gender. We welcome everyone and are more than pleased to say that nearly half of our athletes are women.

Q. Are triathletes welcome?
A. Absolutely, we do ask that a road bike be used though. We will be riding in groups on uneven terrain so the need to have both the brakes and gears readily available is essential but all of the material covered is directly relevant to triathlon and triathletes.

Q. Will we climb Mt. Norikura?
A. Yes but only if the weather makes it safely possible. Please be sure to bring cold weather clothing as the summit is considerable cooler than the foot of the climb. This includes a long sleeve cycling jacket, ear warmers, gloves and leg warmers. Alternate routes will be used in the event of poor weather that will still challenge even the most veteran of climbers.

Q. Do we ride if it rains?
A. Absolutely but be sure to bring proper clothes and have a change of dry clothes ready upon your return to the lodge. The only weather we will not ride in are lightening storms, typhoons, freezing rain and snow. Alternate plans will be made in this event.

Q. Will mechanical services be offered?
A. Yes. We ask all athletes to be sure their bikes have been comprehensively serviced before arriving to the camp but we will offer minor mechanical services on site as well as a free check up at the end of Saturday's ride to be sure the bike are ready for Sunday.

Q. Will fitting sessions and massage sessions be offered like at previous camps?
A. Definitely! Your fit is an important part of the puzzle and we will have Charles Wiesner, one of Japan's top fitters, on hand for those in need of a fitting. Massages will also be available through the Northstar Lodge for anyone feeling tight at the end of the cycling day. Please note: Fitting and massage sessions are appointment only so be sure to book either well in advance. We can not guarantee availability of either service without a reservation

We hope to see you this October! Please send all questions and inquiries to [email protected]

I did this - or at least something similar - a couple of years ago. It was interesting and informative, as well as being good fun.

peddling economy
It's spelled "pedalling" or "pedaling". Peddling means selling things.

I did this - or at least something similar - a couple of years ago. It was interesting and informative, as well as being good fun.

FarEast messing it up again..... eh, Machin?

So true! 3 people read this and none of us caught it. lol.

So true! 3 people read this and none of us caught it. lol.

indeed!

For our next lesson we'll get to the definition of lightening and how to address inconsistent usage of "z" and "s" when using the Queen's English. Oh, and possessives of singular nouns....

That's right Mike. It is the same basic outline with a couple of new ideas floating around in the cycling community that will be discussed. Thanks for the positive review!

For our next lesson we'll get to the definition of lightening and how to address inconsistent usage of "z" and "s" when using the Queen's English. Oh, and possessives of singular nouns....
Sounds like a couple years ago was good (aside from the earthquake/charity one).Certainly sounds more interesting then the dead end thread from last year.

I would like to say I know how you are feeling right now, but I do not, having never made such a ridiculous and embarrassing slip up in English, despite it being supplementary to my native tongue.

This camp sounds wonderful, and just the kind of thing I would love to come to, to show you all, including the coaches how to do things properly, but unfortunately I am otherwise engaged on the weekend of October 19th and 20th.

Enjoy!

I would like to say I know how you are feeling right now, but I do not, having never made such a ridiculous and embarrassing slip up in English, despite it being supplementary to my native tongue.

chapeau!

All are welcome to this event. Place is limited though as we already have a third of this camp booked. And Franz, I look forward to your attendance to one of our camps in the future so you can enlighten all of us with your skill and wisdom lol. ;-)

Sounds like a couple years ago was good (aside from the earthquake/charity one).

Certainly sounds more interesting then the dead end thread from last year.

This camp will take place if we hit minimum numbers of 50% occupation. This goal seems very realistic and we see no reason why we should not fill all 20 spots. However, in the event of a cancellation for whatever reason, all athletes will be contacted a minimum of 2 weeks before the camp and all deposits fully refunded.

All,

Just wanted to inform everyone of a special bundled offer.

Purchase a new 2013 Ritte Vlaanderen frame from Cyclism and receive the following:
  • FREE attendance to the ePerformance Skills Camp and
    • Hincapie Autumn gloves & winter hat set, or
    • Supacaz tape & bottle set for the new frame, or
    • Friday night`s stay at NorthStar prior to the camp
Feel free to reply to this thread or contact me directly at [email protected]

Back
Top Bottom