What's new

Enduro training on the Tone? (Sun 7th)

Phil

Maximum Pace
Sep 1, 2007
Just wondering if anyone wants to join me for some last minute Tokyo Enduro training on the Tone River this Sunday in the Narita area? The path along the river is pretty much deserted most of the time, so it's a good place for flat-ground speed training.

The idea is to do a series of mini-races from bridge to bridge (about 3km-6km each), basically 10 min intervals at race pace on flat ground. Total distance would be about 80 kms probably, starting at 9-10-ish and going to mid-afternoon.

Was thinking of doing this on my own but having company would be more fun.

It's a bit far for a lot of you to travel though. Train options would be:

京成臼井駅 (Keisei-usui on the Keisei-honsen)
京成佐倉駅 (Keisei-sakura on the Keisei-honsen)
JR佐倉駅 (JR Sakura on the Narita-sen/Sobu-honsen)
安食駅 (Ajiki on the Narita-sen)

Or you could ride out from Funabashi on Route 296.

Meeting place would be a parking lot by 印旛沼 (Inbanuma Lake) just east of Yachiyo (八千代市) in Chiba, or one of the stations above.

I know this is a long-shot given the short notice and travel times, but if anyone's interested, let me know.

(Should also mention that any level of fitness/speed etc is okay, as we'd re-group at every bridge for 5-10mins recovery.)

I`ve just been checking those stations on Jorudan, Phil. It`s a quick and simple trip for me to get out there.

I sure wish i had cranks on my bike.....

I would really like to join, Phil, but I got work on Sunday. :eek:uch:

HI Phil

I will be out riding Sunday around those parts, usually I do a training ride with my local bike shop at 9 ish that is down around Sakura. Then I usaully ride down the Tone to around Sawara and back to lovely Narita and the pub after the beer alarm goes off at 4
My number is 09085075266. working the afternoon until late tonight and around
david

I sure wish i had cranks on my bike.....

Yeah, not having cranks would make the training, er, sub-optimal... :)

>Thomas, sorry about the work. Next time we'll do it Saturday, yeah?

>David (trucksan)

Your ride wouldn't be with Taki Cycles and the Blanche team, would it? I often see them at 双子 Park on Sunday...

It would be great to hook up with you if possible. Still not sure if my knee has healed up enough for Sawara, but I'm planning on getting to the "Friendly Park" bridge at least, and probably the Rte 107 downriver.

There might be two of us (just arranging times now), but I'll give you a call tomorrow perhaps and see if the schedules mesh.

Cheers,
Phil

Official stuff

So here's the "official" data then:

Date: Sunday Dec 7th
Start/End: Futago (双子) Park, Inba Mura
Time: 10 AM (to 3 PM-ish?)
Distance: Approx 80 km
Type: Casual interval training
Map: http://www.mapmyride.com/route/jp/chiba/784550707783

Riders:
Echothree (Clay) (almost definite)
trucksan (David) (maybe)
Phil

Taki

That the one.

I usually use Taki cycles for most of my bike stuff. Hiroshi is great. I don't make it as to the training as often as I should, early mornings are for coffee.
There might be another narita local who will join in...he is a tri guy with those funny bars.

The start of the ride .. that is the park with the elephants (statues) , have I got the right one?

We will meet you at 10.

DT

So here's the "official" data then:

Date: Sunday Dec 7th
Start/End: Futago (双子) Park, Inba Mura
Time: 10 AM (to 3 PM-ish?)
Distance: Approx 80 km
Type: Casual interval training
Map: http://www.mapmyride.com/route/jp/chiba/784550707783

Riders:
Echothree (Clay) (almost definite)
trucksan (David) (maybe)
Phil

would love to join u guys tmr, but Chiba is 63km from Shinagawa (where i live) and it will be my first ride to Chiba.
total ride for me will be approx 200km (63+63+80) and I'm probably not up to it yet..
maybe it's not a good idea neh...:(

The start of the ride .. that is the park with the elephants (statues) , have I got the right one?

Yeah, that's it. The statues, the gazebo on the little conical hill...

Looks like there'll be four of us then. Be good to meet you finally.

maverick > sorry you can't make it, I know it's a looong way to get out here if you're on the west side...

Great ride

Just wanted to post a quick thanks to Clay and David for the excellent company on the ride today. A modest 75kms or so along the Tone, but with a few intervals thrown in breathlessly trying to chase down Clay, who is just as fast on the flats as up the hills. Perfect weather too...we even saw Fuji on the horizon, a rare sight from Ibaraki.

Back
Top Bottom